My words were proven to be right when the MC named our dance crew as the winners of the match

The competition was not the biggest event we have ever joined in, for it was only a rookie match held by a dance club of one of the universities in Seoul. But there was a pride of walking back on the stage to receive the trophy and the prize money. The sound of people chanting for our dance crew and our names was definitely exhilarating, just another recognition for how good we were.

It was a never-ending rush.

The adrenaline that was rushing through my body had not yet subsided when I stood from my seat and followed my crew to the stage. And it had only kept increasing since the moment I raised the trophy in my hand to flaunt it to the crowd and triggered them to cheer even louder. I was still hyped and still feeling the rush heightening as we walked down, screaming and cheering together as we celebrated our glory.

"Another win, man!"

"That felt awesome!"

"Let's party!"

Everyone was cheering and suggesting things at the same time, but I had my eyes completely glued to the trophy in my hand. Yes, like I said, it was not the biggest competition that we have ever been in, and won, but each time we won something, I felt like I owned something that belonged only to me. As if every decision I have made to get me to this place, to take me this far, was worth fighting for.

It was my dream to dance, and the trophy in my hand was a solid proof that I was able to reach it. To be acknowledged.

The arm that wrapped itself around my shoulders pulled me back from my daze. I looked up to once again met Jae's eyes and his wide slick grin. Jae was my fellow dancer and my senior, the man that was responsible for getting me into this crew. My closest friend.

"So, everyone is saying that we should drink to celebrate the win. What do you say? Shall we hit the bar?"

I returned his grin with my own. "Oh, we definitely deserve those drinks. Show me the way, leader."

At the end of our battles and every other event we have been involved in, there were bound to be parties

Sometimes we would join college or frat parties, while any other times the event organisers would set us up some after-parties where we could get free booze. Either way, we would always end the night as wild as possible, never forgetting about booze and, obviously, girls.