20| It Was Her Fault

Beginne am Anfang

"Alright, I'll see you later." Ally says. "Bye." I say right before she closes the door. I sigh and place my head on the pillow and hide my face under the cover thinking about what I should do today.

After a few minutes, I get up and go to the bathroom. As I go inside and stare at myself in the mirror, I feel a sharp pain shooting my head. I screw my eyes shut then lean my elbows against the sink and massage either sides of my head with my fingers hoping the pain would slowly go away. Must be from crying my heart out all night last night. I didn't want Shawn to see me cry. I don't want him to think that I'm weak. Especially when he's the first reason why I cried. It really pissed me off that he ignored me for an entire week then pretended to actually care about me. Which is making me think, what if he actually does?

I try to ignore the pain in my head as much as I can as I grab my toothbrush and some toothpaste and brush my teeth. I then take shower and change into a pair of grey pajama shorts and a light pink loose T-shirt. I blow dry my hair and comb through it a little then tie it into a messy bun before exiting the bathroom.

I heat up some milk to make my coffee then grab a few biscuits. I place the coffee and the biscuits on the coffee table before plopping down on the sofa and turning the T.V. on to watch The Vampire Diaries.

..................

After about eight episodes, I switch the T.V. off then lean my head against the sofa thinking about what I should do for the rest of the day. I suddenly realize that I haven't talked to my family in a while. I wonder how they're doing.

I bounce off the sofa then grab my laptop from the desk. I turn it on then click on Skype. I then click on my mom's username before clicking call.

It rings three times before she picks up. "Hi, mom." I smile as my mom's face appears on the screen. "Hola, Mija. How are you doing? I miss you so much." My mother says as a lovely smile appears on her face. "I'm fine. I miss you way more. How are you guys?" I say.

"We're great. Wish you were here, though." Mom says.

"Yeah me too. Are dad and Sofia home?"

"No, sweetheart. Your father's at work and Sofia is still at school but I'm supposed to pick her up in about thirty minutes. I'll let her talk to you as soon as she gets here." Mom replies and I nod remembering that it's Friday.

"Speaking about Sofia, how's she doing in school?" I ask remembering that Sofi has started first grade three weeks ago. I'm really mad at myself for missing her first day of school although I can't really blame myself since I was dealing with my own.

"Perfect! She said she's really enjoying it there and she made a lot of friends. She also said that their teacher allowed them to color all day on her first day." My mom explains and I crack a smile. Well, at least someone's having a good time at school. I remember how scared Sofi was when we told her that she was going to start school soon. She actually hid under my bed with her teddy bear and a bag of marshmallows and said that she's never coming out again and that the marshmallows and Mr. Snuggles, her teddy bear, were all she needed to 'survive' under my bed. I swear, I laughed so hard when Sofi said that! She's just so adorable! We managed to get her out when she fell asleep under my bed that night. Sofi was really against the idea of going to school. I have no idea how mom and dad convinced her to go. And from what mom just said, I think she's never missed a day since she started.

"Wow, that's great! How did you convince her to go?" I ask my mom.

"I promised her strawberry cheesecake when she got back and she got a really good first impression of the teacher when we visited the classroom." Mom says and I giggle as my smile widens slightly. My mother makes the best strawberry cheesecake ever. And I mean the best strawberry cheesecake in this entire world. Seriously there's no living human being who has tasted it and not fallen under its magical spell. It's an age-old secret family recipe. Sofia and I love helping mom make it. Mostly, mom and I would do all the work and Sofi would just sit on the kitchen floor eating strawberries. Whenever my mom would make this cheesecake, Sofi and I would get up really late at night and devour all of what's left of it, leaving nothing for anyone else. God, how I miss it. I really need some right now.