Bond Mates - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Sean was armed with all of the facts and figures from his research that he’d been doing with the help of a couple of people that Roland had put him on to - he was to present his idea to the board again today. They hadn’t seemed to hold the idea in very high regard last time he suggested it, but with the evidence shoved in their faces hopefully today would change their minds. The council believed it to be impossible, but Sean had already proved that untrue by the trials. I had high hopes they’d go for it today but Sean refused to let me try and see how it went - he said for once he wanted a surprise.

The elevator doors dinged and we all looked to the end of the hallway to see Roland stepping out, smiling broadly. He strutted over, pulled me into a hug and laughed. “You swallowed a football since I last saw you?” he joked, pulling back and winking at me.

I laughed and nodded, rubbing my hand on the side of my stomach. “Feels like it sometimes,” I replied. “How are you?”

He nodded happily. “Good thanks, Tyler.” He turned and shook Sean’s hand warmly. “Good to see you again, Sean. Flight good or did they serve the chicken again?” he asked, shuddering. Roland was a frequent visitor in our house; he probably came over every couple of months. He was the only one that knew what Sean would be pitching to the council board today.

“It wasn’t bad. The bathrooms took some manoeuvring this time,” Sean answered, shrugging. I giggled as I thought about what he meant - us renewing our membership to the mile high club. It had definitely taken some manoeuvring this time because of my belly.

Roland completely missed the none too subtle innuendo though. “Yeah, I hate those things,” he agreed, turning his nose up distastefully. I chewed on my lip to stifle my laugh and Sean smiled at the old man wickedly. “So anyway, are you all set for the meeting? Got everything you need?”

Sean nodded, holding up his laptop bag and the folder with everything in it that he needed to try and convince the council to spend millions of dollars on his idea. “Yep, and I have Oliver on standby to call if they want more in-depth geek knowledge on the site.”

“He hates being called a geek,” I interjected rolling my eyes playfully.

Sean grinned. “And like I tell him all the time, if he hates being called a geek then he should have gone into another profession rather than techno-wizardry,” Sean countered playfully.

Roland laughed and nodded to the elevator behind him. “Let’s get this show in the road then. I expect you two want to get some rest. Those overnight flights are a killer, especially the jet lag. I have no idea how you’re going to cope with it whilst pregnant, Tyler,” he said, smiling sympathetically at me.

I groaned and nodded. Right now it was ten in the morning in the UK, but that meant it was around five back in the states. I really should still be snuggled in bed right now, not standing here about to go into a boring meeting with a load of old people. I actually liked the night flight though, I got to sleep a lot of the way at least.

~ # ~

The following afternoon we were driving the back streets of Knebworth, trying to remember exactly where Ryce and Adelaine’s house was. We were kind of lost, but in typical guy fashion, Sean refused to stop and ask for directions. Finally, after half an hour of driving in circles around the tiny little villiage, we finally found their street and pulled up outside their house.

I grinned excitedly. I’d been here twice before, once when they got married, and the second time was when Vinnie, their eldest boy, was born five years ago. I hadn’t seen him since he was just a babe in arms though, and I’d never personally met their youngest son, Jacob, who was four years old now.