Bond Mates - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

Once we’d checked into our quaint little B & B, we made the hour drive into London to meet with the council. They were at some posh looking building now, so there was no entering through a derelict looking warehouse door. Apparently, that is the main meeting place when meeting with strangers or unknowns so that people didn’t know the actual headquarters location.

As we walked in I looked around, taking in the luxury that they surrounded themselves with. The place was bright and spotlessly clean, glass and cream marble everywhere. We’d only been here once before, when I was let out of hospital and they were trying to convince us to stay in England and go to ‘university’ here instead of going home to the states - didn’t work though. We’d left for home almost as soon as I was cleared to fly.

The receptionist smiled warmly as we walked in, this was the same girl that worked here five years ago and obviously still recognised us as she called though on her phone before we’d even got to her desk.

“Hi,” she chirped. Her eyes drifted down to my protruding tummy and a grin spread across her face as she clapped her hands excitedly. “Oh, it’s true! I’d heard rumours but....” She sighed contently and held out a hand towards my stomach. “May I?”

I nodded. I was used to all of the attention that the baby attracted. The people that knew about our exploits, not very many of them admittedly. but the ones that did know were already excited for her to be born. The prophesy mentions our ‘offspring’ specifically and them also being able to gift their bond mate with abilities. So naturally people were very excited for that. Some people, i.e. the council members that regularly flew to the states to meet with Sean, were looking at my stomach like it was some kind of second coming. It was a little scary the regard that Charles held my unborn daughter in. He was hopeful that she would grow up and bond with someone within his lifetime so that he could see the effects that she gifted before he died. Apparently that was his ‘new life goal’, not much of a life goal that one - well, in my opinion anyway. But to him, seeing the prophesy complete and pass onto a second generation was the most important thing in the world.

The receptionist made a little strangled noise as she traced her hands over my swollen belly, tears filling her eyes as she beamed happily. “It’s so exciting. When’s she due? It is a girl, right? I’ve heard it’s a girl,” she gushed.

“End of November,” I replied as Sean’s arm slipped around my shoulders and he rolled his eyes in an exaggerated fashion when she wasn’t looking. I stifled a laugh and elbowed him in the ribs. To be honest I would much rather be standing here talking about babies with her, than I would be sitting in some boardroom while the council and Sean made plans.

The only thing I was interested in today was the system that Sean was trying to instigate worldwide. I called it the ‘dating site’, but that wasn’t exactly what it was like. Sean had been working with techno geeks back home in the states, trying to think of a way to ensure more people met their bond mate. At the moment they could be anywhere across the world, and would probably never meet their intended mate.

What Sean had been working on was genius and was all to do with the analysis of a shifter mark. What he’d proposed was that certain points of each shifters marks would be loaded up into the ‘dating site’ and possible matches thrown out. At the moment they were trialling it in our hometown and the neighbouring towns. It worked great and had already helped ten couples find their mates, but with the council’s permission, Sean wanted to go global. He wanted to upload the shifter records in there, the analysis that every shifter has done at the age of sixteen, and do worldwide searches to see what would happen. If they approved the project today then it would take years to get all of the information input. Millions of dollars would need to be spent on the technology needed to compute that much data, but it would result in lots and lots of shifters finding their mates.