Richard remained silent as Maine continued, "do you remember that first time we've talked? Alden suggested we used the phone one night. He made me talk to you."

"How did you know it was me back then?"

"I didn't know back then," she replied. "But when I found out you were the one singing to me all this time, I'd just put two and two together. That time I felt it in my heart that you were the one talking to me. My 'crush Alden' not my 'bestfriend Alden'. So, my Home, I knew. I knew that I would eventually find you. If Alden didn't die, I would have eventually found out it was you all along."

"'Crush Alden'?" There was a small smile that crept on Richard's face. A shadow of a dimple can be vaguely seen.

"I was fourteen so sue me," she replied. "But what I want to know now is, would you have fought for me?"

That was the only time Richard reached out and brought his arms around her waist to pull her closer. He claimed her mouth and kissed her passionately. When they eventually ended the kiss, he leaned his forehead on hers and sighed. He whispered, "you would have been the reason for the biggest fight Rich and I would ever had, my Heart. I would have done everything I can to win you over. Even with the advantage Rich had over me."

"I would have fought for you too," she replied and placed her head on his chest, cuddling closer.

He kissed the top of her head and gently pulled away.

"Shall we continue our walk?" He asked.

She nodded and she took his outstretched hands then threaded her fingers with his. They continued their walk, following the path with Richard once more telling her stories of his adventures in the park. Every so often they would stop and he would just let Maine appreciate the sight before her.

They eventually reached the Sheep Meadow a little bit after noon. Richard found them a secluded spot under a tree and set-up a picnic for them. He brought out the blanket that he kept in his backpack and then spread it out on the grassy floor. He took out the food they bought from the diner with Maine helping out with the chore. They settled under the tree, discussing various topics that they could think about. It was a very relaxing afternoon for them. Eventually, Richard brought out the guitar he borrowed and started playing for her. He sang songs that was familiar to him especially the songs that he played for her before over the radio years ago. He then started playing songs that he wrote.

Before he started playing his last song, however, he said, "I wrote this song last week. I hope you like it.

He started strumming and began to sing.

🎶All I want now is to be with you
Cause you know I've been everywhere else
Looking back at what you got me through
You knew me better than I knew myself

When I feel lost and I can't find my way
When words are at a loss I can hear you say

I'll be by your side, when all hope has died
I will still be around oh and I, I'm still on your side
When everything's wrong, I will still be around
By your side

Fighting my way back to where you are
The only place I ever felt at home
Stumbling backwards through the dark
I know how it feels to be alone
And where we go is where I wanna be
And in the silence I hear you say to me

I'll be by your side, when all hope has died
I will still be around, oh and I, I'm still on your side
When everything's wrong, I will still be around

I can't wait another day to show my space between
Your heart and mine, and you're all that I need
You say I

I'll be by your side, when all hope has died
I will still be around, oh and I, I'm still on your side
When everything's wrong, I will still be around
By your side, by your side, by your side, by your side, by your side🎶