xxiv. be yourself

Start from the beginning

Allison nods, "Like the bestiary says, the Kanima seeks a friend, right?"

"Okay, hold on, so somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know? Okay, who would do that?" Stiles questions asking the question everyone was thinking.

"Somebody who wanted to protect him?" Sabrina inquires.

Scott keeps his eyes on the ground as he speaks, "There's something else. You said that only thing they had online about the Kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?"

"It can't be, it tried to kill all of us, remember?" Stiles corrects. "I don't know about you three, but I haven't murdered anybody lately."

"I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us." Scott announces, looking over at Allison. "Do you remember when we were over at Isaac's? The first time it just went right by us, and it didn't kill you in the mechanics garage." Scott adds, raising his eyebrows at Stiles.

Sabrina stops Scott. "Yeah, but it tried to kill Derek, Stiles, and I in the pool."

"Did it?"

"It would have, it was waiting for us to come out." Stiles adds.

Scott sighs, before looking up with a new emotion on his face. "What if he was trying to keep you in?"

"Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?" Stiles asks, shuddering uncomfortably at the thought of the Kanima wanting him to stay in a pool on the verge of drowning with a stubborn blonde and an angry Alpha.

"Because there's something going on and we don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson, or why someone is protecting hi-"

"Know the enemy." They all turned to look over at Allison in confusion. When she noticed, she shook her head. "It's just something my grandfather said."

"Alright I got it." Stiles says making them all turn towards him. "Kill Jackson, problem solved."

"We're not killing Jackson." Sabrina states as they all glare at him.

"He risked his life for us against Peter, do you remember that?" Scott adds.

"Yes, but what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by suddenly risking his life for us. It seriously so funny."

"Do you remember when I almost killed you and Jackson? I had someone to stop me, he has nobody." Scott retorts.

Stiles shook his head. "That's his own fault."

"It doesn't matter. If we can save him, we should try."

-

Stiles was currently taking Sabrina home so they were sitting in silence until she broke it. "Do you really think we should kill Jackson?"

"I don't know." Stiles replies stopping at a red light. "All I know is that people are getting killed and we need to find a way to stop it."

Before Sabrina could reply the jeep shook violently, almost like something had hit it. "What the hell was that?" Sabrina asks Stiles as they jumped out of the car. As Stiles was moving to the side of the jeep Sabrina followed him, only to see a dent in the car.

Stiles glanced up at her and then towards the forest. "Please tell me were not thinking the same thing and you're gonna tell me it was just a deer."

"I can't do that." Sabrina replies running her hand over the dent. As she looked up at Stiles, they both realized what had happened.

Jackson had gotten free.

-

When Stiles and Sabrina got to the sight near the cliff where Allison's car was still parked they saw the transport vans door ripped open. Sabrina ran over to Allison's car only to see her and Scott lying together. Naked.

"Ugh, really guys, your sleeping on the job?" Sabrina groans before tapping the window until they woke up. "You need to see this." They nodded before getting dressed and getting out of the car. All four of them started into the empty van as if they were waiting for Jackson to reappear.

"I have to tell my father." Allison realizes, struggling to say the words as they all continued to stare at the van. "Scott, he's going to kill someone."

Scott hesitates. "Okay." He says slowly, "Tell him. Tell him everything."

"Scott, I've got to tell mine too." Stiles exclaims.

"It's all my fault."

Sabrina steps towards Scott. "It's not your fault Scott." Sabrina turns her head to look at Stiles and Allison then back to Scott. "Were all just kids. We can't do this on our own, and Jackson can't do this on his own."

"No, you're right." Scott agrees.

Sabrina turns towards Stiles. "How are you going to make your dad believe any of this?"

"I don't know."

Sabrina turns towards Allison getting ready to talk to her when Scott turned, the moon shining directly down on him. They  all tensed when they saw Scott had changed his eyes from their natural brown color, to a bright yellow color. "He will believe me."

-

"Can you buzz us in? I've got to see my dad."

Sabrina stood behind Stiles while Scott was standing to her right. Stiles mumbled a thanks, and opened the door. As they turned a corner Stiles stopped which caused Scott and Sabrina to slam into his back.

Sabrina peers over Stiles shoulder to see Mr. Whittemore and Jackson standing in Sheriff Stilinski's office. Jackson was wrapped tightly in a deputies jacket, grinning at them.

"Scott, Sabrina,.... Stiles." He greets letting out a sigh as he sees his son. "Perfect timing. Have you met Jackson's father? Mr. David Whittemore? Esquire."

Jackson leans forward, sending us a smug smirk. "That means lawyer."

"Ah, hell."