"I can't wait to see you play, Jase," Marc said with a smile as the elevator finally stopped to let them all in.

Once inside, Richard said, "I honestly hope you'll like the performance, Marc. I have a surprise later."

-oo-

That evening, both Marc's and Richard's team were gathered at 'Gian Carlos' to watch MJN's ace pilot, Captain Jason Faulkerson, play the guitar and sing for a crowd. Marc's team was really amazed at the turn out as the small pub was filled when they heard that Richard would be playing that night. The group arrived earlier than the previous time, so they got better tables to view the performance. The evening started with a woman who sang beautifully in her native Italian, accompanied by her companion on the keyboards. She was singing very well, but everyone felt that the crowd was there for someone else and was just waiting for him to perform.

They found Maine and Richard sitting by the bar, with the proprietor, listening to the performance. Richard was leaning forward, his lips on Maine's ear as he translated the lyrics for her.

When it was Richard's turn on the stage, he quickly placed a quick kiss on Maine's lips and he whispered something in her ear.

"Are you sure?" Maine asked, her voice a bit apprehensive.

"Yes," he replied. "Very sure. Don't worry. I'm right here."

He caught her hand and gave it a tight squeeze before bringing it to his lips to plant a kiss on the back of her palm. He reluctantly let go as he head to the stage with his borrowed guitar. He greeted the crowd as he introduced his first song to them which was the crowd favorite "Central Park". Three more songs were played after that, as he gave a small introduction on each song, telling the audience a brief history on how the song came about. All his songs for the night were for his "la fidanzata" as he smiled fondly and looked at the general direction of where Maine was everytime he mentioned his girl.

"For my last song of the evening," he started as he heard groans from the patrons of the pub. "I actually have a special treat for everyone. Obviously, you guys have noticed that I have been staring at that gorgeous specimen of a lady by the bar."

There were hoots and whistles that came from the audience at his statement and they weren't just coming from his co-workers. He continued, "I would like everyone to meet the inspiration to my songs. My Muse. My Heart. My Maine. My la fidanzata. Who agreed, quite reluctantly I might add, to sing with me. Maine, would you please join me on stage?"

There was a round of applause from the audience as Richard stepped down from the stage to fetch Maine from the bar. As they slowly made their way back, Maine whispered, "I don't think I can do this."

"Yes you can," he replied softly. "We've been practicing this song for weeks. And you did so great a while ago. You got this."

When they were back on stage, the crowd once again gave a round of applause with cheers coming from their team. Richard saw Maine paled when she saw the crowd, as she sat on the stool beside his that the pub's staff set up. He reached out and held her hand to give it an encouraging squeeze.

"Forget the crowd," he whispered as he looked deeply into her eyes. "Eyes on me. Only me. You got this. Sing it the way we practiced a while ago."

His comforting words gave Maine all the courage she needed. Richard believed in her. That's all that matters. She smiled timidly as she nodded her affirmative. Richard started strumming and began to sing.

🎶Look around
There's no one but you and me
Right here and now
The way it was meant to be
There's a smile on my face
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops
Riding the aftershock beside you
Off into the sunset
Living like there's nothing left to lose
Chasing after gold mines
Crossing the fine lines we knew
Hold on and take a breath
I'll be here every step
Walking between the raindrops with you

Take me now
The world's such a crazy place
When the walls come down
You'll know I'm here to stay
There's nothing I would change
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops
Riding the aftershock beside you
Off into the sunset
Living like there's nothing left to lose
Chasing after gold mines
Crossing the fine lines we knew
Hold on and take a breath
I'll be here every step
Walking between the raindrops with you

There's a smile on my face
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops
Riding the aftershock beside you
Off into the sunset
Living like there's nothing left to lose
Chasing after gold mines
Crossing the fine lines we knew
Hold on and take a breath
I'll be here every step
Walking between the raindrops with you
Between the raindrops with you

Between the raindrops with you🎶

All throughout the song they kept their eyes on each other. It gave Maine the courage to sing her lines as her initial nervousness slowly disappeared and was replaced by the sheer joy of singing with her RJ. When Richard first let her hear the song, he said that he really wanted to sing it as a duet with her. He actually told her about his plan on singing it with her at the pub. Maine was very reluctant but found herself practicing the song with Richard whenever they spend time together. She was still having second thoughts of singing when they headed to the pub after their day in the bookstore. They had lunch at Gian Carlos already, with Richard formally introducing her to the owner. The big man was very happy at the thought of her singing when Richard mentioned it, that she agreed. And she was now happy that she did because the look of pride on Richard's face was all the reward she needed for singing. He looked elated as he could also share this part of his life with her.

Her heart did its usual happy beat, knowing that she could also give Richard the kind of happiness she feels whenever she's with him.

When they ended the song to a standing ovation, Richard stood and offered his hand to Maine to help her stand. Maine was still on a high of her achievement that she was emboldened by the cheer of the crowd. She took a step towards Richard and brought her arms around his neck and pulled him to her in a kiss filled with so much emotion that the loud cheers from the crowd died around them and it was only the two of them on that stage, sharing a very happy successful evening.

-oo-

Author's Note:
Song for for today is "Between The Raindrops" by Lifehouse feat. Natasha Bedingfield frim the album "Almeria" released in 2012.