"Oh my God!" was all that left my mouth when she finished. This is terrible! Mami must be devastated. "How is she coping?" I asked.

"The doctor left after dressing her head. Just a small wound on her head so there is no immediate cause of concern. She was given some tablets and now she is sleeping." Prema said and I tried to understand what she was saying.

"Wound?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh that is another story." She sighed and I saw amusement lighten her features slightly "When Mummy first saw Andy's face and realised who he is she went all dizzy and started to faint." She giggled and I scowled at her disapprovingly. "I was not at home but as per Pappu, in his worry Papa forgot who he is and became Hrithik Roshan when he caught her in his arms to prevent her from falling and tried to carry Mummy up to their bedroom. Of course he could not and tripped on his way and dropped Mummy halfway up the stairs." She started giggling, obviously trying to imagine the scene and I heard Paresh's delighted chuckle beside me.

"Shut up you two! It is not funny!" I said trying not to give in to my chuckle that was trying to come out of me,

"Yes you are right it's not funny." Paresh said with his face going serious before he grinned and chortled "It's not funny, it's very funny." And that was enough for the two naughty 'P's of my life to burst into a delighted bout of laughter.

"Oh come on di." Prema said between laughter "Can you imagine the hell that is going to break free once Mummy starts to feel better? It is good to be able to laugh before that happens." I sighed and had to agree. Mami was not going to let this pass lightly.

After the call I headed to buy the gift for Mami and Paresh went off saying he will join me in a few minutes. I guessed he was going to call up Prena to check if she was really all right and felt a warm feeling invade my heart. He really does care for her.

A sudden commotion made me look up towards the entrance of the store. What is going on? I almost gasped out when I saw the cause of the disturbance. Right at the doorway were three young men - three armed young men with ski masks covering most of their faces.

I ducked under the nearest counter, my heart punching at my chest walls as the heartbeat rate went berserk. Instinctively I dialled Shishir's number.

My heart almost stopped when he disconnected. Paresh had been with him less than an hour ago, he had not been in any meeting then. I tried again only to have my call ended again. Stifling a cry of worry I tried again.

Please Shishir pick up the phone! I was in a state of despair when he disconnected yet again.

Closing my eyes in a silent prayer I tried again and almost cried in relief when I heard his voice. Almost immediately I started speaking, not able to focus on my words. I almost screamed in frustration when he blurted something sounding angry and disconnected the call.

Right at that moment I felt the touch of something cold and metallic on my neck and froze.

A gun!

I saw the nozzle from the corner of my eyes and felt sick. A big grubby hand went over my mouth as he shouted near my ears to switch off my mobile. Shaking with fear I did as he asked.

'Four armed men, not three.' My mind thought lamely, fear taking over my system.

Shishir's POV.

I smiled as I fingered the ring box in my pocket. I have a surprise for you my love I thought happily. It was just around lunch time and I had planned everything for late night.

I sighed as I thought for the hundredth time today how slow time was passing.

A smile found it's way on my lips as I realised it was in fact my excitement  for my proposal to the love of my life that was making me behave like an impatient teenager.