Just when I finished doing my makeup, I got a text from Austin, telling me to come downstairs whenever I was ready. I rechecked everything in my purse again and finally made my way downstairs to meet my ex-husband who was my designated driver for the time being. I went downstairs and saw his black Mercedes waiting for me. Taking a deep breath, I walked towards it and tapped on the mirror, getting the attention of the Texas boy on me. He smiled when he looked at me and then got out of a car, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, along with opening the door for me. Guilt was eating me alive, he was way too nice to me.

“You look lovely as ever, Mila. The romper suits you.” He said as soon as he sat inside the car and turned the ignition on.

“Likewise,” I smiled and shortly continued after, “So, Liberty City? Seriously? That place is dangerous as hell and you all know it.”

Austin laughed, showing me his perfect smile that I used to love so much back then, “It’s all Lauren, Dinah and Megan. You know how it's like with them. They just found this pub there and wanted to go. But I think it's safer now.”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, “Yeah right. Don't forget I'm a journalist. I know about such stuff. And when I say Liberty City isn't safe, it's not and I'm terrified. If I get killed, I'm coming to haunt all of your asses.”

Austin laughed out loud again, throwing his head backwards. I couldn't help but see Allison in him. They had the same smile and eyes and that thought made me smile. “What?”

He shook his head, “Nothing. I'm just laughing at how terrified you really are. All of us have been hanging there alot lately.”

My eyes widened but I tried to stay calm. So basically they all have been hanging at the pub for days. But that didn't explain Lauren's sudden disappearances and weird timings of phone calls. Going to the pub doesn't explain the terrible mood swings and I have no clue why, but I was starting to get worried that the back and forth of our relationship was coming back. Even thinking about it gave me a massive headache. Austin and I talked, remembered the times we both were married and everything was great for a little while. He reminded me of my embarrassing stuff which literally made me want to jump out of the car and not even a moment later, the atmosphere turned serious.

“Are you happy with Lauren?” He asked. I wasn't sure how I'd answer him, because I was afraid that the truth might hurt him. But I also decided not to lie to him about it anymore.

“I am. I really am, Austin. I can't explain it.” I truthfully said, earning a smile from the brunette man next to me.

“I know. I see it in your eyes when you talk about her. She is a fuck up in the head, a massive pain in the ass but I don't think you'll ever be happier with anyone else but her. Not just in this life but in all the lives. Because that's the truth about you and her.” He said, leaving me speechless.

No matter how many people appreciated me, no matter how many people told me that Lauren and I were perfect for each other, but when it came from him, everything seemed better and realistic. It was just something about the way he said or maybe just the fact that he is my ex-husband who hated Lauren for years with all his being. I smiled thankfully at him, and leaned over to kiss his cheek and that's when I remembered that I had to ask him about Lauren and her disappearances. He was her best friend, he probably knew.

“Can you be honest with me?” I said. I saw his facial expressions changing and something inside of me shivered.

“Yes, I guess.” He said.

I wasted no time then, “What is Lauren up to for the past few days? Ever since our dinner, she's been acting shady and different with me. Do I have something to worry about? Because if there is then I'm actually terrified so please just tell me what you know.”