Chapter 36

A/N: Shoutout to MhHaYat who commented “I think we will wait for like five years for the next chapter.” on the last chapter. Guess who didn't take five years, eh? Me! I win. Yas! :D

Camila Cabello.

I found peace yet again. I found Lauren and she was still in love with me. Well, at least it looked like that. After spending five years in complete pain and torture, I literally gave up on happiness. I thought maybe I didn't deserve happiness at all but now when I saw Lauren on the train again, it felt like I was meant to be hers just like she was meant to be mine. Maybe it was the last chance the two of us got. And I made an oath to myself, I'll make it up to Lauren no matter what. If she was distant, it was all because of me.

The last five years were the absolute worst. I continued hallucinating Lauren for a little while and then stopped all of a sudden. I had dreams about her and whenever I would hear someone with a voice like hers, I'd turn around. Allison grew up too. The almost ten years old was very smart and extremely beautiful but also very distant. She wasn't so close to me even though she was very close with Dinah and Normani. Oh, did I mention how Allison hated Lauren? She blamed the older latina for my divorce with Austin.

I could say that my life was a mess since the last five years but nothing mattered when I saw Lauren standing there right in front of me. She was so beautiful. Whenever I would look at her after years or months, she'd change in a good way. Lauren was everything a person would want. I just, I fell in love with her all over again. The more she aged, the more she looked like her older sister Megan, who was like a best friend to me and probably the only older Jauregui my daughter could tolerate speaking or listening to.

I don't remember how or when I reached Lauren's apartment but here we were, inside her studio apartment which didn't look like someone lived in here. Our lips were attached and didn't even leave each other's mouth for a single second. I explored her mouth and her body because I was so deprived of touching her. Why did I let her go? I would have a family with her by now if I didn't let my ego get in the fucking way. As I slowly removed her leather jacket and landed on the couch on the top of her, I kissed her neck harshly.

She didn't stop me. Her moans were maddening me and I was taking all the frustrations out on her. My hallucinations of hers teased me enough and I just needed her no matter how. But just when I was about to get rid of my shirt, she stopped me and kept on looking at me again. She looked at me like she always did and then I knew, I knew she was in love with me too as much as I was in love with her.

“Can we talk first? I missed you and I need to know about your life and how–”

I smiled, “Lauren if you want to talk, we'll talk. We'll do whatever you want us to do.”

She raised an eyebrow, probably thinking what the hell was wrong with me but I didn't want her to feel bad for leaving for five years. I dumped her and if she didn't want to live in Miami anymore, then I guess it was her choice. But now that she was here with me, I'll do whatever she wanted from me.

“Why ar—you’re acting weird.” she laughed at the end but I just smiled.

“No, I dumped you so whatever you want to do to me, I'll be okay with it. Please, do something with me.”

Lauren looked at me and soon started laughing softly. Her giggles left me breathless, they were so beautiful. I loved every inch of her and she didn't even know that. “Camila, come on. We both know I led you to do that.”

“Yes, I dumped you when you accepted me, I should have accepted you too. I am so fucking stupid, Lauren.”

She quickly held my hand and used her thumb to wipe the tears which were falling freely from my eyes.