Chapter 44.

Camila Cabello.

Acting shady. That's what Lauren has been doing since the last three days. I had absolutely no clue what she was up to but from the past week, her phone calls have increased and she has been going out alot. I wouldn't go to the worst case scenarios and accuse her of cheating because it's not the truth. I knew Dinah and Megan were involved with it, even Austin​. Which was the biggest shock to ever receive. It's not like I haven't tried to ask anyone, I had. But every time I'd bring it up, they magically have some work to do or they act like they were just born. I finally gave up, everything will come out eventually.

I missed Lauren. I didn't know why but not seeing her around made me feel like shit. I knew I was way too attached with her, I was aware of that but I couldn't help myself. She was the constant contact in my life and not talking to her everyday properly scared me to bits. I didn't know not having someone around that much would give me massive mood swings but now that Lauren wasn't here, I had them. I can't seem to do anything. Worst part? It was the weekend and I was alone in this huge apartment because Allison also decided to go to the sleepover at her friend's house.

Not knowing what else to do, I grabbed a mop and began cleaning up the house. I was tired of seeing the same stuff on television as well and I couldn't watch the new episode of Stranger Things if Lauren wasn't there. Just like she wouldn't without me. My mind wandered to her once again while I mopped and cleaned the kitchen. I remembered the hallucinations I had and how I felt she was so real, yet she wasn't. Those times were the hardest. I was so strong, stronger than I've ever been. Now that she was back and everything went back to how it was supposed to go fifteen years ago, I wondered if we would've been this strong back then as well or not.

Mopping wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Weekends were assigned to Allison and Lauren to clean up the house and now that I started cleaning up again, I saw the litter and dirt piles under the rug and the couches. I wanted to get mad but I had no clue why, I found that really cute. They both were really lazy and didn't like to work in any possible way. An hour passed, still no sign of Lauren or any of my friends and I began to worry. They've been gone for seven hours now without any trace of telling me where they were going and I was not okay with that. I had to ask Lauren where she was going since the last four days.

But much to my surprise, I picked up my cellphone and already saw a text message from Lauren which was received twenty minutes ago. A smile appeared on my face as I forgot about my annoyance at her for a little while. This was the affect she had on me. I took a deep breath, and opened the text message.

Lauren: We found this small pub at the Liberty City and we are all headed there. Austin is coming to pick you up in like ten, I guess. Get ready. I love you.

I didn't know why but that text sent chills down my body. I didn't know what sent chills down my body more. The fact that I'll be traveling with Austin or the fact that they planned to go to the most dangerous part of Miami. I heard stories about the Liberty City, and let me tell you, neither my parents wanted me to go there, at even a ten miles radius, nor I would go there with my own wish. But since Lauren and my friends planned already, I was not going to back off. At least they'll be around me and maybe I'll find out what they were hiding.

But then I thought about being alone in a car with Austin. It would be after years that him and I would drive alone and I feel nervous and tensed. Scared and terrified. Did Becky know he would come pick me up? Would she be there with him? I had no idea. But the thought of him and I being alone didn't please me at all. I did too bad to him but in the end he found the girl he actually deserved who loved him for him. I changed my clothes. Made myself look presentable. I wore my black dungaree and a white shirt underneath it, along with my black sneakers. I kept everything casual, just in case something happens in the Liberty City.