Chapter 32.

Five days ago was the last time I saw Camila. In two days I was getting married.

I was scared beyond belief but I had no other options. I couldn't say no to Reyna, specially not now when she was so excited and happy. Everyone was excited except for me. I wanted the time to stop and never move again. The thought of not seeing Camila again was eating me up alive and ever since she literally threw me out of her apartment, I don't think she'll ever want me near her again. The look on her face when she pleaded me to go out made me want to stay but I couldn't. I couldn't hurt her anymore.

And then I kept on driving around the block. As I had no other commitments and I literally lied to everyone about my plans because I wanted to see Camila, I didn't know where to go after. I was nervous to pick Diego up. I wanted to tell Taylor to pick him up after her college but I didn't want her to be angry at me. As soon as the hour passed, I visited Camila again. She didn't make an eye contact with me and I simply took Diego and went off. I decided to give her whatever she wanted. And apparently, it was freedom and a peace of mind.

Well, that was all five days ago. This is present. I woke up with a fresh start with Camila on my mind just like she was before I was going to bed. I stayed in my bed and played with my own hair as I thought about her. What was she doing right now? Was she thinking about me too just like I was thinking about her? These thoughts kept on invading my head and I finally brought myself to get up from the bed and freshen up. I was brushing my teeth when I thought about her and how we used to brush it together. I showered and remembered how I used to kiss her bare shoulders whenever we would shower together all those years ago.

When everything started to get to me even more, I wrapped my body in a towel and made my way out. I almost fell on the floor because of the wetness on my feet but luckily, I balanced. I couldn't afford another bruise and swelling on my body, I still didn't get rid of the previous ones. Changing my clothes into my regular attire, I dried up my hair and turned my laptop on to check my e-mails, just like I always did after waking up.

As the device turned on, I wore my sneakers and checked the time on the clock. It was two in the evening. It wasn't like I had to work or something, Reyna and my friends literally took care of everything. I just stayed back and enjoyed the nice treatments. When I finally got ready, my eyes stopped on an e-mail. My mouth literally fell open when I saw the e-mail address. It was from Camila.

I thought about not opening it for my sake but the other part of me was curious about what she had to say. What if she was in trouble and wanted my help? But then again, why she would email me? Texting or calling was alot easier for situations like those. I paced around my room as my eyes were glued on the mail she sent me, I didn't have the courage to open it up. I bit my thumb nail and moved towards the laptop to delete the email but I ended up opening it and reading whatever Camila had to say to me. So I began reading.

“To the best thing that ever happened to me,

I had always loved those fairty-tale romances. The sort you read about in books and see in movies. But never did I expect to find something even remotely like it. Oh how you proved me wrong! You gave me my fairy-tale, everything I ever wanted. And much more. The only problem? I was the victim of one sided love. Told myself a hundred times to get over you. That this isn’t healthy. Promised the future me to have someone better. But it all went vain. Many came and many went. You stayed. They weren’t you. And I just couldn’t settle for anything less. And so I decided to tell you. The pain of being with you and still not “being with you” grew and I was willing to risk it all now. You were worth it. But what’s a fairy-tale without the evil prince wanting the Princess for themselves, eh? Reyna came and you went after her. And I became a victim of wrong timing. I left all hopes then. Of ever becoming more than your ex-girlfriend. But I still couldn’t get my mind off you. I resorted to lying. Hoping to make you jealous. Told you you were the last on my list when in reality, you were the only one there. I wanted you to want me as much as I wanted you. But we don’t always get what we want, do we? But I just couldn’t let you go, couldn’t lose you. Was afraid that something so good won’t happen again. No one knows me the way you do. It’s time and you should know this for the last time. So here it goes.