Chapter 25.

A/N: For those who asked me for the visual of Sunny Cabello. This guy is daddy af.

———I rushed outside in a hurry

———
I rushed outside in a hurry. My mind was going out of control but that wasn't even compared to the fact how the blood pumped rapidly inside my veins. I was so scared but something in me told me not to rush into conclusions. Maybe Megan wouldn't tell Lauren. I saw the two sisters walking around the garden and Lauren's expressions looked horrified, as if someone had died. I wanted to cry when I looked at her but I kept my cool. I wouldn't say a thing unless I knew she knows that I told Austin about her personal life. Why the hell did I even do that.

The two sisters turned around to look at me as soon as they heard the clicking of my heels on the concrete ground. Lauren looked disappointed but her face turned into a slight smile when she looked at me. I wasn't sure what I was seeing but looking at her this way made me think otherwise, maybe she wasn't mad at me. Maybe Megan didn't tell her anything at all. Megan still looked at me with an angry expression on her face which seriously scared me but I could tell that she didn't tell Lauren about what happened inside. But Megan wasn't someone to be trusted.

“Look Lauren, before you get mad. I want to explain.” I quickly said as soon as I reached her.

“I don't need you defending your husband, Camila. He and my sister couldn't keep it in them. I expected that from him but I am highly disappointed in Megan, despite telling her not to get involved with him in an argument, she still did.” Lauren said while eyeing Megan.

The oldest one who gritted her teeth and prevented herself from saying something that would ruin my relationship with Lauren was standing quiet. I knew she owned me now, she could use it against me anytime she wanted but I didn't know why she wasn't saying anything. Lauren held my hand and gave it a tight squeeze. Megan watched it all. “It wasn't Megan's fault. He started it.”

Lauren looked at me and knitted her eyebrows in confusion. She looked at Megan who bit her lip hard and shook her head continuesly, trying to make Lauren think otherwise. I didn't know why she was doing this or why she found the need to protect me but she was doing it anyway. Last time I checked, she hated me more than anything.

“Lauren, believe me. It wasn't his fault. It was all me. Why the hell would I protect someone who'd call me inappropriate stuff? Trust me on this, I started it.”

My eyes met Megan's icy blue ones. She was intimidating, yes, but right now she was miserable. I wanted to know what she was up to but I wouldn't find answers until she and I were alone. Lauren was conflicted. She ran a hand through her messy hair and looked between Megan and I. I decided to keep my mouth shut so that Lauren would eventually let this go just like Megan wanted her to. I probably would ruin everything if I said something.

“Fine, whatever. Just avoid arguing anymore. Don't just go near to him or make eye contacts. This is not the place for you two to fight, get it?” Lauren warned her older sister who obediently nodded her head. Once again it was so unlikely.