Chapter 8.

I woke up with something ticklish running over my bare arm, gaining my composure back and keeping my eyes shut, I finally realized that it was not a mouse or a lizard, it was Lauren's fingers. My breath almost hitched when she ran her fingers on my arms over and over again and I tried to keep myself calm. I was calm. That gesture was something she used to back then to soothe me and it still works but I'm really surprised that she actually remembers that. I kept my eyes closed and enjoyed the closeness of her and she was really close.

Her face was nuzzling in my neck as our legs were intertwined together as if the two of us were cuddling for the whole night after a wild sex. I knew she was awake, it wasn't the unconscious movement of her hands. She knew exactly what she was doing and only thinking about it turns me on like crazy, but once again I didn't do anything and let her trace her hand over my skin. I was comfortable. I had the best sleep of my life after so many years and I knew that it was just because of her being so close to me. Lauren pushed away all my worries.

In that moment I wanted nothing else than waking up to this every morning. I wanted to wake up next to her with our bodies intertwined and her caressing my skin. But once again, it was my fantasy. She herself told Reyna that she loved her. But everything was confusing me. If she was in love with Reyna, why was she touching me this way? This only meant that she wanted me too just as much as I wanted her. Well, at least I can't say that she didn't make a move on me because she did, even if she thought that I was asleep.

A sudden itch on my back made my body jolt lightly and I knew that Lauren would pull away. “Shit,” she mumbled lightly before slowly removing her hand from me. I was disappointed. No, I was actually sad that she had to be so careful around me. As soon as she pulled herself away from me, her alarm went off. Lana Del Rey blasted through and I finally stretched and slowly opened my eyes, hoping that Lauren wouldn't be looking at me but as soon as I looked at her, she pretended to be in a deep slumber.

I smiled knowing how much she wanted to save herself from the awkward encounter so I decided to let it go for her sake, I didn't want to make everything weird between us either. I slowly got up from the bed and turned Lauren's alarm off before getting over the bed again before slowly shaking her body. She was an amazing actress, I'll give her that. I smirked as I shook her body a couple of times again and when I called out her name, she lazily opened her eyes, she won an Oscar from me.

“What, Camila?” She asked, her voice was low and raspy. I always loved her morning voice. It was such a turn on.

“Your alarm blasted through, I was startled to hear a woman's voice in the room.” I said with a smirk and Lauren wiped her eyes before grinning at me.

“Mornin'!” she huskily said before snuggling into me. I was completely frozen.

My body stiffed when she held me in her arms and hid her face in my neck, just like she used to do every morning. I was going crazy on the inside and maybe Lauren noticed it too because she immediately pulled herself away from me. “No please, just cuddle with me. I am cold.” I said, trying to get closeness to the older girl again. I could tell that Lauren wasn't ok with it. Probably because of me but I needed her to be comfortable around me again.

“Are you sure?” she asked once again as she gulped.

“Yes,” I breathed out and spread my arms to hold her. She looked at me for a second before scooting closer to me and laid in my arms. Her head was resting on my chest as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I was in heaven.

I could die in that moment I was just so happy. I had never felt this in ten years. This was exactly where I wanted be. It was a million tiny things that when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together. And I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her it was like coming home. Only to the home I've ever known. I was only taking her hand and I knew that it was like magic. Maybe she felt the same or maybe she didn't, but I knew that my heaven was with Lauren. And I was in love with her.