Chapter 37.

A week later Lauren and I were in Los Angeles where she would receive her second award for creating a masterpiece with a story. The two of us were very excited and I was actually very honoured to accompany her. People were at her feet though, where ever she went, people begged her for some pictures and autographs. The media was very active too and Lauren had issues with none of them. She knew how to handle all but I on the other hand, I was losing my mind. I was so confused about everything and I'd often snap when someone would grab my arm to get my attention. 

It wasn't just Lauren though. There were many other artists who were being awarded by the people but the girl I was in love with, she was getting the golden badge, something they don't give out just to anyone. One thing I noticed was Lauren's behavior. If I hadn't known what a massive dork she was I would have fallen for her “Bad girl” attitude as well. She was so different. Professional and confident. It turned me on really well. I fell for her even more and more and I couldn't wait to build a better relationship with her when we would go back to Miami.

Miami though, it was just two days away. The two of us decided to surprise our friends even though I was very well aware of their reactions and I knew that Lauren was too. I would lie to her and say that everything would be okay, but it wouldn't. She would definitely hear all the crap and bullshit our friends would throw at her face. But right now, we wouldn't think about it. Right now it was all about Lauren and telling her how mad our friends would be will only anger her or make her nervous for her speech. 

As the two of us entered the auditorium where the award function was held, I was in an awe to see the beautiful decorations. It looked like a palace from inside and I could see Lauren's painting hung on the wall right next to a replica of Allison Marie. In that moment, I couldn't be more proud of her. Lauren met people, they were dressed so formally just like Lauren and I and she introduced me to everyone as her “girlfriend”. I almost passed out the first time when she told everyone that I was her girlfriend. The last time she told people about her painting, she was with Reyna and I could only dream of her being mine at that time.

As Lauren and I took a seat on the second row, she unintentionally grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together, making me completely numb for a couple of seconds. I knew I shouldn't feel this way even after fifteen fucking years but being with Lauren made me feel younger. She made me feel like we were teenagers again. The award function started and soon I saw the rising talents and the people who were already well knowns receiving their awards. Lauren wasn't enjoying. She never liked social gatherings so it wasn't something new. And then finally the time came for which we all were waiting since the last two hours.

“Now, ladies and gentlemen. The time has come. I am here to present this Golden Honorary Award to a woman who personally talked to me and told me I could be anything. If I am standing here right now is just because of her. The woman who painted a girl named Allison Marie is sitting right in the middle of us. At the age of twenty three she won a Silver Honorary Award, the Rising Star award and the award for the Best Artistic Mind. And tonight, she won the Golden Honoray Award.”

People clapped everywhere and the smile on Lauren's face wouldn't go away. I was so emotional to see her this way but I knew if I'd cry, she would refuse to go up on the stage. I pulled her hand up to my mouth and instantly kissed the back of it.

“Please give a huge round of applause for the talented, beautiful and the person I personally look up to, Lauren Jauregui and her painting called The Mother's Duty.”

Everyone stood up along with me as I looked at Lauren who got up and took me off guard by kissing me on the lips. It was a small peck but I completely froze. I didn't even know how or when she got up to the stage while I still stood there and shivered a little. She received the award and people cheered for her even more, including myself. And then the cloth from the painting removed and I once again fell in love with Lauren's art. It was a lot different from Allison Marie, but it had a story behind it. And when Lauren made it, it was special to me no matter what.