Chapter 35.

Lauren Jauregui.

"Now, slow and steady steps and you will easily walk without hurting. I promise!"

I smiled at the patient. Finn Kingsley was a cancer patient and he was like a brother to me. Someone I loved dearly. Ever since Camila kind of dumped me five years ago, I have been here and there. I decided to paint again and in order to do that I needed to have some inspirations. I couldn't really create masterpieces like Allison Marie while moping around all day so I decided to take an adventure. My life was epic, only if it had Camila in it as well.

When she dumped me five years ago, I went home and changed my clothes, going to the bar was cancelled. As everyone was still at the venue of the wedding, I took it as an opportunity to pack my bags and head off anywhere. I was heartbroken, alright? I was allowed to make stupid decisions. But my heartbreak wasn't for long. Mostly because I knew that both Camila and I needed some time apart and I knew we would end up together no matter what. But what scared me the most was the time duration. I thought we would stay away from each other for months. Not fucking five years.

Well, one city led to another and then I visited different countries for getting some inspiration to paint. I got nothing. I mean, I visited Switzerland, Japan, Russia, Ireland, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Austria and still I couldn't get something to paint? How weird was that? But then I finally painted something, something very similar to Allison Marie but yet so different. I found inspiration in Alaska. Long story short, I painted a single mother who actually fed me and made me stay in her house when my car broke down. Her hospitality won me over and even though she barely had something to eat herself, she fed me. I was still in debt of her.

But that was all within those five years apart from Camila. This was the present and I was now volunteering in a hospital in Boston. I always liked working in the hospitals since I got inspiration to paint Allison Marie from there. But that was a regular hospital. I was working in a cancer hospital now and it was far more depressing but fun at the same time. Specially when all I had to do was entertain some teenagers. I loved to volunteer here. These kids were my family now and I loved them dearly.

"Lauren, as much as I love you pampering me, it's better you don't do it in front of Karen. She already thinks tha-"

I cut the eighteen years old Finn off, "That you're hot. And before you lash out on me, I talked to her casually about you and she likes you. So it's your time to make a move!"

Finn's eyes stopped at Karen, the girl he liked so much and then he looked at me and squinted his baby blue eyes. His eyes reminded me of Austin, the only guy who knew about my whereabouts and I made him promise me not to tell anyone about my whereabouts. Austin was my best friend now. Who would have thought, right?

"You're screwing with me, aren't you?"

I laughed, "Make a move, or I will."

"Alright, Miss Pedophile. Control your emotions here. Karen is mine."

My eyes widened as I chuckled, "You're such a pig, Finn. You know I didn't mean it that way."

The eighteen years old boy laughed out loud, getting the attention of so many other kids around. They all always complained about me being so friendly with him, I couldn't help it. He reminded me of Taylor alot too. Even after I tried to tell everyone that they all were equally important, everyone knew that I had a soft spot for the eighteen years old boy.

"Whatever you say Lauren. You know this hot hunk states the truth." Finn grabbed my hand as I helped him sit down on the chair right next to mine.

"Go away, you're not hot. I'm the only hot one here. And Karen." I said in a challenging tone and earned a raised eyebrow from the younger boy.

I winked at him and made my way towards the other kids and helped them to sit on the chairs. I heard a clearing of throat and before I knew it, Finn was getting everyone's attention on him. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to get to me for calling Karen hot. Even though both of us knew it was a joke, he couldn't help but get back at me. And I couldn't wait to find out what he had in mind today to get back at me.