Chapter 2

Children are a gift from God. People crave to have another teeny tiny miniature of themselves in their lives who would bring joys and colors around them. Some like girls, some likes boys and if someone is lucky enough, they have both. I have a baby girl too. After I married my husband, Austin, and moved to Miami, six years ago, we could not wait to start a family. We were not blessed the first time since I lost my first child in a miscarriage but that didn't stop us from trying again. And then once again, my fantasies came true when I first laid my eyes on our daughter. She was everything that we ever asked for. Brunette with Latin features and sea blue eyes from her father made her the most perfect human being in the entire planet. She was perfect.

Allison Marie was perfect.

It was hard for me to move on but I didn't give up. I made a promise to someone ten years ago. Promise to live my life to the fullest and not push people away who liked me, even if I wanted to get rid of them. I could say that Lauren was in my life to teach me a lesson and turn my fantasies into reality but it wasn't true. She was fated to be with me even if it was for a short period of time. But my first meeting with Austin wasn't a coincidence. The two of us were meant to be together. And he was everything I wanted him to be. He was a great man and when he proposed to me, I didn't hesitate for a single second.

Austin and I met in a group therapy sessions. After Lauren left, I was a fucked up mess. I made myself believe that she would come back but at the end of the day, it was just my wishful thinkings. The regrets of letting her go were eating me alive everyday and I questioned myself every night that why I didn't go with her. Why I didn't believe in her and that she would finally settle down? Why did I choose everything else over her? And that was when I started losing my mind and that was when Austin came along.

He was a fresh graduate from Leeds. The young lawyer was extremely beautiful and soft spoken. He was taking the therapy sessions with me for the exact same reason, a tragic breakup, but that wasn't because of his girlfriend moving to another country for a job, but because she had cheated on him with another man. I felt sorry for him and soon we began hanging out outside of the group therapies. Our lives were very easy since we both knew about each other quite alot and never for a single second judged one another. He was my best friend and when he finally asked me to be his wife, I accepted. He surprised me too because he directly jumped in wifing me up because he was done with dating. We already knew everything about each other and he accepted my bi-sexual abilities.

And then came Allison Marie. The girl I loved the most. She grew her charms on the both of us. She was charming, for a three years old she was extremely smart and cheeky. Her energy was over the edge and at times I felt like her name had something to do with it. Maybe Lauren left an influence on that name, after all, she was the one calling herself Allison Marie when we first met.

Allison Marie on the other hand was now one of the most famous paintings in the entire world. Just like Mona Lisa and The Girl with the Pearl earring, I could say that Allison Marie was very famous too. And why wouldn't it be? I was probably the only person who actually touched that masterpiece and I could swear that I had seen nothing better. Lauren's work definitely brought her to the top and she won several awards for creating an amazing masterpiece which shook the world four years ago.

I never heard from her though. Lauren chased her dreams in a rocket and never looked back. I was happy for her and the life she was building up for herself but at times I still thought about the possibilities of us being together again which were not even close to a zero. I loved Austin. I loved him with my entire being but what I felt for Lauren was still not replaced. I finally learnt to be in love with two people at the same time. And Austin knew about it and he was okay with it.