Chapter 11.

“Mommy!”

My daughter squealed as she ran towards me from the other part of my parents' house. I was still embraced in my mother's hug who wasn't going to let me go at any point but as soon as my daughter ran towards me, we broke the hug and I sat down on my knees with my arms wide open to greet my baby girl. She immediately crashed into my arms and snuggled her face in my neck, just like she always does and I kissed all over her face. I missed her so much.

As soon as we broke our hug and my daughter looked at me, she instantly frowned. I did not know what caused her to be upset but I was willing to find out. Before I could even speak, my daughter cupped both of my cheeks with her small hands and kissed the tip of my nose. I wanted to cry that moment, she was so amazing and made me feel so good about myself and everything that was going to hell. Her grandmother who was looking at the two of us with affection, stood there with a huge smile on her face as soon as my daughter kissed me.

“Mommy are you crying?”

I instantly looked at my mother who was finally starting to notice my face too. I had been crying throughout the whole car ride from Lauren's place to my parents' house. I know my face was swelled and probably red from crying so much but I didn't have time to go back to my apartment and hide the possible trails of me crying under the thick layers of makeup. I picked my daughter up as my mother grabbed my face and forcefully made me look at her. I wanted to talk to her but not in front of Allison. I didn't want Allison to think less of Lauren.

“No baby, I am not crying.” I clenched my jaw hard as soon as the words left my mouth.

As if on cue, Sofia walked into the room. The nineteen years old walked towards me with a huge grin on her face and immediately embraced me in a hug. I knew that it was time to send the two younger ones in the room away so that I would talk to my mother. I simply nodded at Sofia and she knew that she had to take Allison away from me for a little while. It was difficult since my daughter didn't want to go away from me but Sofia was smart enough to bribe the three years old to take her away.

As soon as they were gone, my mother grabbed my hand and took us both to the living room. I was glad that my father wasn't here because he doesn't like when I cry and the sight is heartbreaking when he cries with me. My mom and I sat next to each other on the long leather couch and she looked at me, asking me silently for some sort of explanation. I knew she must be thinking that I had a fight with Austin but he was so innocent in all this. Everything was my fault.

“Lauren is back,”

I said and my mom's eyes widened as she leaned back for a couple seconds. If I was surprised to see Lauren, my mother was extremely shocked to know about her being back. It felt like as if her old family cat had died or something. As soon as she gained her composure back, she embraced me in a long hug and I instantly began to cry once more. I couldn't hold it back. I just needed some relief. My mom didn't try to stop me, she let me cry as much as I wanted and caressed my back while I let it all out of my system.
“Did you see her? Did you meet, Lauren?” my mom asked and I nodded.

I told her each and everything that happened with me from the past few days. She told me how Allison mentioned Lauren a couple times but she didn't have any idea that Allison was talking about my Lauren. I skipped the details of last night though. Except for telling her how Lauren painted me and we kissed a couple times, I didn't tell her anything and neither she suspected. I wanted to take a peak inside my mother's head and see what she was thinking. Her face was unreadable and that made me even more anxious.

“Camila, I don't know what is going to happen but I am just going to tell you what Dinah did. You have to be careful with everything. You are a married woman. If she doesn't want a relationship with you, you shouldn't bother because firstly, you have a family of your own now and secondly, she left you the first time. What if you leave Austin and Lauren leaves you again? Don't think about yourself or Austin. Don't even think about Reyna and Lauren, just keep your daughter in mind with every step you take.”