I felt my lips tremble at his loving words.

Shishir's POV.

I saw Suvi look at me at my words and I pressed her hand reassuringly. I have been wanting to tell the world about us since long. Now that I have the chance at last I will make sure there is no doubt about how important she is in my life.

"Even the years when we were apart, she was always my driving force. " I told our grandfathers as they sat hearing me quietly.

I stopped and looked at them, waiting for their response but they just kept looking at me.

I wish they would say something! Their stare is quite unnerving at this point I thought trying not to show them they are making me nervous.

"I will make sure she is always happy." I said desperately wanting to break this silence.

They exchanged glances. "Suppose we don't agree?" Dadaji asked leaning back in his seat and I sucked in my breath.

Are they going to say no? I started to panic but took a deep breath trying to calm myself. I opened my mouth while trying to think of something to say but Nanu started talking before I could.

"What will you do if we do not agree? Will you agree to our will and forget about this?" He asked looking serious.

I felt Suvi's hand jerk in mine nervously and I clutched her hand firmly not wanting her to realise my own nervousness.

"Why would you say no?" I asked quietly, not able to think of anything else to say.

"If we do, then what will you do just answer that!" Dadaji snapped and my heart lurched in my chest..

"I cannot imagine my life without her." I said trying not to sound desperate as my heart beat rate went chaotic.

"But still you will let her go if we do not agree. Am I right?" Nanu said.

"No never!" I said in a rush.

"So you will go ahead with what you intend even without our consent?" Dadaji asked.

"Are you asking for our permission or just informing us about your decision?" Nanu said frowning.

Oh crap! How do I answer this one? No courtroom battle has managed to put me in such a tricky situation ever.

Suddenly Suvi jerked her hand free from mine and ran to her Nanu and flung her arms around him as she sat beside him on the couch and buried her head on his shoulder.

Without her hand in mine I felt palpitation kick in and I moved forward and fell on my knees in front of our grandfathers ready to beg if they indeed said no.

I looked up from where I was and then closed my eyes as realisation struck me. I started chuckling softly as I caught the gleam in their eyes, sitting close to them.

"I have not been ragged this much even by my seniors in law college. " I managed to mumble as relief crashed through me.

They exchanged looks before pushing their head back and breaking into a loud laughter.

They really are tricky I thought laughing to myself as I stood up slowly. For a few minutes I had been petrified!

Suvi lifted her head slowly and my heart missed a beat as I saw her face showing a slight nervous frown. She looked at me and slowly smiled as she realised the truth. Nanu patted her head tenderly as he stood up with her.

Dadaji came to me and slapped my back couple of times "Where did you learn all this flowery words from?" He joked and I had to look away trying not to laugh.

"Here put these on each other as a token gesture for now" Nanu said picking up the boxes of the friendship bands.

As I took both the boxes I realised they were custom made- with each having our respective initials. I smiled as I picked up the one meant for me and gave the other to Suvi .

She frowned for a moment before nodding in understanding. I reached out and lifted her wrist and put the friendship band on her- S. M it read and she put on the one with S.S on me.

No sooner had she put mine on I heard clapping and looked up in surprise only to see Paresh, Danny and Charles walk towards us smiling widely.

I saw the phone in Paresh's hand and realised he had recorded the whole thing! They had been around witnessing my entire nervous reactions I thought in dismay.

He grinned at me naughtily as the three of them smiled and congratulated us, after this slightly impromptu celebration.

Charles had a plate full of chocolate doughnuts in his hand and he went and gave it to Dadaji who immediately picked up a piece and popped it in his mouth.

"Stop being a greedy glutton!" Nanu scowled grabbing the plate away from him. He picked up one and held it to Suvi's mouth. She took a bite and then he held the piece in front of me. I immediately took a bite. My heart felt ready to burst with happiness right now.

"We will have a proper formal ceremony with rest of the family." Dadaji said smiling as he chewed on the doughnut in his mouth.

At last! Now I can shout from the roof tops that this girl is mine, only mine and I am hers. Always was, always will be.

"So we are betrothed now?" Suvi asked me softly and I pulled in my breath at the word. I looked at her and slowly shook my head. "Not yet." I said and she frowned in confusion.

"Not till I give you the proposal you deserve." I whispered and saw her going slightly pink on her face as she smiled.

We went forward together to touch our grandfathers' feet and seek their blessings.

&&&

I hope the chapter has been a good read. The grandpa's must have been real mischievous boys as kids- LOL!

Pesky girl did not take her name lightly- haha!

So now they wear each other's initials - after a unique ceremony!

Please vote and comment.

Love from me to you.:)

Pre cap chapter 76.

Suvarna's POV.

He is so careless I thought feeling irritated as I stepped inside his room with his bundle of clothes. They have been lying in the laundry room God knows since when but this man does not even bother to bring them to his room.

I picked up the bunch of towels from the bundle and went inside the bathroom to keep them.

Carefully I placed them on shelf and shook my head. "Not even one towel had been here for him to dry himself after bathing!" I muttered to myself.

I turned around towards the door but frowned when I saw steam coming from the direction of shower. I looked in that direction and gasped in shock to see a grinning Shishir.

A grinning bare chested Shishir.

He had been in here taking a shower?!

My eyes widened in shock and I shut it tightly not wanting them to wander on him as the thought occurred to me.

There had been no towel in here.

Oh God!

Enjoy guys!

Buh bye till next time.