"He is really busy. I had also asked him for a help but he said he has some very important work today." Shishir smiled at me in relief for rescuing him before my next sentence wiped that smile off his face.

"So I am thinking of calling Rahul and checking if he has time for helping me."

"What? Why do you have to call that-" Shishir blurted instantly without thinking before coming to an abrupt halt remembering who were around us.

We had the attention of two old men who looked very interested in our conversation.

Paresh decided to utilize this opportunity and grabbed a plate and started gobbling his breakfast.

"I mean I will help you Suvi. Just give me some time." Shishir said trying to smile sweetly to cover up.

"But you don't have time. So let Rahul help her." Dadaji said.

"Yes. I agree. It is a good idea." Nanu said looking at me "Call him over for lunch for helping you."

I almost jumped in joy at the success of my plan. I love these two crazy old men!

"No!" Shishir blurted "I think I can shift a couple of meetings for later and find some time. You both can come along with me today and Suvi I will help you soon."

"No do what Suvarna is asking today." Dadaji said and Shishir would have protested but Dadaji surprised us when he said softly "Go and meet Aditya today."

I and Shishir exchanged startled glances. They knew all along and were just fooling round intentionally!

Shishir looked down at his plate his face blank. I knew he is facing an emotional battle within him but this was important.

"Go fix it Shishir." Dadaji insisted and smiled at Shishir. He nodded and got up.

"We will leave after Paresh finishes eating." I said eyeing the brat who was carefully avoiding eye contact with me.

"He has finished." Dadaji said swiping the last pancake off Paresh's plate and eating it much to Paresh's horror.

Looking grumpy Paresh got up and I laughed at his disgruntled look. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out quickly saying my bye to our grandfathers.

As soon as we stepped out "What is going on between you and Prema?"

"Why were you going to call Rahul?"

Both me and Shishir spoke at the same time.

"Stop being jealous Shishir. This is more important." I rolled my eyes at my silly boyfriend.

"I am not jealous! Shishir Mehrotra is never-" he started saying and I pulled him down at my level and put my hand on his mouth.

"Shut up!" I said and turned my attention to the younger Mehrotra who seemed to have fallen in love with his shoe right now and was looking at it like it was the most interesting thing he had ever come across.

I tapped his chest and raised my eyebrow at him as he looked at me. For the first time I saw Paresh blushing and I felt my eyes widen in surprise.

He suddenly gave me a hug hiding his face from me and I could not help but chuckle at his reaction. Now I have to confront Prema once we are back.

***

I could sense Shishir's agitation as we waited for Aditya to be brought out. I put my hand on his trying to calm him and he held my hand tightly in his.

We heard a sound and before I could look up I heard his voice.

"Hello Shorty."

Shorty? Who is Shorty? I thought confused at Aditya's words and Shishir stood up quietly.