xiii. things will work out

Start from the beginning

Stiles and Sabrina were currently sitting in a lesson, and Scott had yet to arrive. "Are you planning on just ignoring Scott when he shows up?" Sabrina exclaims, turning her head slightly towards Stiles.

Stiles shrugs. "Yeah." Sabrina rolls her eyes at Stiles childish response. Scott arrived a couple minutes later, already Stiles was glaring at him.

Scott sighs before trying to speak to Stiles. "Still not talking to me?" Sabrina looks at him and shakes her head, she knew why Stiles was upset, but he had to talk to Scott at one point.

"Is your dad okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage?" Scott questions.

Sabrina nods since Stiles wasn't going to say anything. "Yeah, he's fine."

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?" Scott leans forward, tapping Stiles shoulder. "Are you talking to me?" He received no reply. "Okay, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and I went to Derek for help?" Both Stiles and Sabrina turned around at that. Sabrina hadn't seen Derek since they had argued on parent teacher night.

"Sabrina." Stiles begins, turning to the blonde. "Could you please tell Scott that if I was talking to him, I'd say he was an idiot for trusting Derek."

Sabrina rolls her eyes, but starts to rely Stiles message. "Scott, Stiles would like me to tell you-"

Scott cuts Sabrina off before she can finish. "I heard him."

"What did he say?" Stiles finally asks after a moment of silence. Scott and Sabrina look at each other, a smile on both their faces.

"I'll tell you guys after class." Scott replies.

-

"So what did Derek say?" Sabrina questions after class. They had walked down the hallway as Scott explained to them Derek's theory about tapping into his wolf side. Sabrina doubted his methods but it was Stiles who voiced a reply. "He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?"

"Yeah." Scott nods.

"All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone and that someone's usually me." Stiles complains.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it." Scott explains.

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Sabrina asks.

"I don't know, I don't think he does either." Scott admits.

Stiles stopped them in the hallway. "When are you seeing him again?"

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work." Scott replies.

"After work." Stiles thinks out loud. "All right, well that gives us to the end of the school day then."

Both Scott and Sabrina frowned in confusion, sending Stiles a questioning look. "To do what?" Scott was the one to ask the question they were both thinking.

"To teach you ourselves." Stiles tells them.

"What, when did we decide this?" Sabrina asks. Unfortunately for her, Stiles was already gone, disappearing around the hallway.

-

"So why do you have to stay away from Allison again?" Sabrina questions.

"Because, Derek said." Scott tells her while she rolls her eyes in response.

"Is Derek your mom, what is wrong with you?" Sabrina asks.

Scott just glared at her. "He said that I can't tap into my animal side if I talk to her, that I won't be angry enough."

"She'll be though." Sabrina states. "And isn't that a good thing?"

"He's the experienced werewolf, Sabrina." Scott shrugs. "I'm just gonna avoid her like he told me to."

Stiles sighs deeply, biting into his apple obnoxiously. "I think the book's making it more obvious." It was.

Scott had insisted on borrowing the book and using it even though Sabrina had wanted to finish off some last-minute homework with it. "Besides, she's reading anyway." Sabrina explains.

"So did you come up with a plan yet?" Sabrina asks Stiles.

Stiles rolls his eyes. "No, but your crap has infiltrated our lives, so now we have to do something about it."

-

So apparently Stiles attempts to teach Scott had just been Stiles unloading his anger on Scott. Sabrina had just watched Stiles shoot a bunch of balls at Scott, while monitoring his heart rate because they were teaching him, in attempt to make him angry and help him stay calm. For the most part he had stayed calm, but eventually he'd broke and gotten angry. He'd told them that he felt stronger while angrier.

They had walked into the locker room to put stuff away. "Alright, so stay away from Allison for a few days." Stiles explains. "You can do it."

"What if I can, like never be around her again?" Scott asks.

"It'll be fine Scott, things will work out, they have to." Sabrina says.