Twenty-One

Cade's P.O.V. – Seventy more days

October is nearing to an end and our thanksgiving break is approaching. I don't think I have been so glad in my whole entire life. It's a struggle attending all my classes – I don't know how everyone does it. The moment I walk in class and take a seat, I practically fall asleep.

Teachers are starting to get used to my presence which is a bummer. All excitement of ditching class is official over. I need to find another way to boost my entertainment. I can't prank the girls the usual way since I'm now officially dating Kaia. I can't run away from teachers from skipping classes since I must attend all if I want to graduate. What do people do for fun around here?

I look at the people in our class, majority intently listening to the teacher. They're all robots – systematically programed to listen to every word their teacher says. Well, they did have four years of more experience than myself.

Kieran is already asleep beside me. His head leaning on his arms as he comfortably sleeps. It's been ten minutes since Kieran has been like this, surprised that Mr Kapoor didn't even notice.

"Kieran, wake up," Mr Kapoor says casually, as though he has read my thoughts.

I roughly nudge Kieran in the shoulder causing him to jerk awake. "What the fuck?" Kieran mutters to me. I gesture to Mr Kapoor with my head. Kieran turns to look at him and notice the stern look on Mr Kapoor's face. Kieran immediately grumbles something under his breath before leaning back on his chair and pretending to pay attention.

"Now what would the answer be?" Mr Kapoor asks.

"Four," one girl asks. I look at the girl and didn't recognise her. Is she new in our school? She has dark blonde hair in a loose ponytail, she has dark freckles and dull blue eyes.

"Close, but wrong."

"Three?"

"Close again."

I frown. Why is everyone getting it wrong? "Alright, so if you bring over the power..." Mr Kapoor begins.

"It's three point two, five," I mutter.

"Correct," Mr Kapoor says.

Silence engulfs the room. I look up from my fingers and notice everyone's staring at me. Awkwardly, I shift in my seat as I return their stares.

"What?"

"Did you answer that Cade?" Mr Kapoor mutters.

That's when Kieran turns his attention to me. Disbelief evident in his eyes.

"Yeah," I reply.

Kapoor slowly approaches me. His eyes furrowed together as he attempts to comprehend it all. "How did you know the answer?" he asks.

"Well if you divide the thirteen over the two, you'll get six point five. Then you can carry down the power of two and divide it with the six point five, then you will get three point two, five. Or you can carry down the power and divide it with the thirteen over two, multiply the power and the two, you'll get four. Then you divide thirteen over four and you get the same answer." I answer.

"And what happens to the 'x'?"

"It becomes 'x' to the power of three?"

"How do you know this?" My eyes widen. I look around the classroom once again and noticed what the stares mean. How did I possibly know the answer when no one else knew? Well, the answer was obvious. They are all just idiots. How could they not know the answer?

"You saw the answer in on the back of the book, didn't you?" One accuses.

I glare at her. "If I did that, how do you think I know how to answer, you dipshit."