Seven

Kaia's P.O.V.

It's the beginning of lunch and I still feel happy throughout the day. Kieran is still at home, and I'm pretty sure he's still in bed. He's in one heck of a surprise when he wakes up. That's what he gets for breaking my laptop three days ago. I woke up really early today just to do the exact thing I planned to do over the weekend. He's going to kill me when he wakes up.

I spot Cade walking down the hallway, his hands in his pockets. I run up to him, jumping right in front of him. "Hello!" I great, a large smile on my face. Cade doesn't jump, scream or anything to indicate he got scared. Instead, he smiles. Dammit.

"You're in a happy mood," he states.

I nod, "Yes, I am. Pretty proud right now," I say, feeling the proudness oozing off of me.

Cade chuckles, "I can see."

"Where were you in class today? I didn't see you," I state. He winks and I knew exactly what he said by that. He ditched, again. "You ditched, obviously. I don't even know why I bothered asking," I say. "You're so like Kieran," I say.

That's not really true anymore. I finally realise the differences between him and Kieran, even though they both love to ditch like it was their job. But the two of them are like rebellious airheads. Where Kieran is like a bored cat and Cade is like a mischievous hyena.

Cade shakes his head, "No, we're not really alike," he says.

"Yeah, you are," I laugh.

"No, we're not. You see, Kieran ditches class because he needs to whereas I ditch class because I want to," he explains.

I frown, "No one's forcing Kieran to ditch, he does it because he wants to."

Cade shakes his head, again. "No, you see. Kieran wants to do things like sleep, or play video games or whatever he wants, but going to class conflicts with what he wants to do. So, he needs to ditch in order to do the things he wants to do."

"Why do you want to ditch then?"

"I want to ditch because it's fun. Breaking the rules, the exhilarating feelings of breaking rules, getting out of going to class by coming up with a plan to ditch... all reasons why I want to do it, because I find it entertaining," he explains.

"Oh, I get it. Yeah, they have a word for that," I say in a casual tone. "Um, psychopath." Psychopath, breaking the rules and doing things that people don't usually do because they love the feeling of doing it. Yep, Cade is one and now I can see the difference between him and Kieran.

"Oh, but you love it," he says in a seductive way. I resist the urge from gagging then and there.

"Uh, no, not really. You see, I'm more into sane people. You know, the usual," I state.

Cade nods as if he understands what I mean, "Ah, right. The usual," he says, nodding. "Yeah, unlike many of the girls here."

"So, was that thing I heard about you jumping off the school building to get away from Principal Howler, was true?" I ask, a bit surprised. I thought that was a total lie because I highly doubt anyone could survive jumping off the school building without ending up in the hospital.

Cade laughs, "I used the flag pole to slide down from the school building," Cade says. "I didn't jump off."

"And that's why you started that fight with Ashton?" I ask, recalling that fight in history class.

Cade smirks, "Exactly. Planning ways to get out of class is always fun," he says.

I roll my eyes, "How did that turn out?" I ask.