Thirteen

I knew I shouldn't have said that 'I fell in love with her when I first saw her'. I knew she wouldn't believe it immediately after I said it. Kaia doesn't believe in those things; according to what Mrs Harper told me. Mrs Harper won't pay me until Kaia started to date me. I thought that if I kissed her, things would soon come into place.

I knew she would avoid me and afterwards, she'd think she likes me and would go out with me. But of course that did not happen. Maybe I kissed her too soon? I just known her for a month. I have to convince her some other way that I like her and try to make her think that she likes me. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it'd work.

I had to find someone to do it for me though. I won't be able to do it otherwise Kaia would know I'm doing it intentionally. We need someone who would not know anything about us nor would tell a soul about us. The bell rings for lunch. As I leave class, I spot Tommy from the classroom across the hallway, leaving his class.

Hmm, Tommy? He doesn't seem like a bad option. "Tommy!" I call out. Tommy jumps and looks at me. He looks like a deer caught in a headlight. "I need to talk to you," I tell him.

His eyes widen and he starts to run down the hallway. Why is he running? I start running after him. I push through the crowd. Tommy runs outside the school building and so do I. I follow him running towards the football field. What an idiot. I run. Seeing as I have longer legs than Tommy, I caught up to him in a matter of seconds. I grab Tommy from his back up and pull him to a stop.

"Why the hell were you running?" I gasp.

"Cade? What can I help you with?" Tommy asks, his voice shaking with fear.

"Chill, I'm not going to hurt you," I assure him.

Tommy didn't believe it. He takes a step back from me. He's scared of me, clearly. I don't know why though. I'm not that intimidating compared to Ben or Ashton. He definitely heard rumours about me.

"What can I help you with?" Tommy asks again.

"I need your help." Tommy nods. Damn, I think he's going to shit his pants any minute now. "You're friends with Kaia, right?"

"Kaia? Yeah, I think I'm friends with her. Why?"

He thinks? "Well," I say. How do I even say this? "I like her and she seems to be a little resistant around me," I point out. Tommy's body immediately softens. Good, he's not that scared anymore.

"Oh," Tommy says. "I don't know how to help you with that. I'm not that good with girls," he stutters. Yeah, I figured.

"I don't want relationship advice," I roll my eyes. "I just need you to help me with getting Kaia to like me," I say.

Tommy frowns, "How am I supposed to do that?"

I smirk.

~*~

I spot Kaia in the cafeteria, sitting by herself. I sit directly behind her, our back facing each other. She didn't see me yet. I keep my eye on the cafeteria door waiting for Tommy to come. I need him to make Kaia think that she likes me and that she can't stop thinking about me. In a minute, Tommy finally enters the cafeteria.

He's eyes roam the cafeteria and lands on Kaia. He licks his lips before he starts walking awkwardly towards Kaia. Why is he so scared? I thought he was Kaia's friend? Well, I guess they aren't. Kaia just protected him from Ben. But still, he shouldn't be scared of Kaia.

"H-hi, Kaia," Tommy stutters once he stands in front of Kaia.

"Oh, hi Tommy!" Kaia replies, cheerfully.