Fourteen

Kaia's P.O.V.

Eh, why is Cade so clingy? I didn't see him as the clingy type. Everywhere I go, he just happens to be there trying to convince me that I like him. But I don't like him. I never liked him. I only known him for more than a month and what, he expects me to fall in love with him. If he really wants me to like him, he will not be this clingy.

What happened to avoiding the girl so she'd come running for your attention? That is more preferable since I know that I'd never want his attention. Why would I want his attention? Does he want me to like him? Or does he want me to hate him? I'm starting to doubt his intentions.

But is it working? I mean, when I was talking to Tommy... I thought he asked whether I liked Cade, or that I can't stop thinking about him. I even thought he said that I liked kissing Cade. I think I'm going crazy. Why would those thoughts even come to me? I don't like Cade.

What makes it worse, he got me in trouble by Mr Riley. Well, not really. But I'm now on Mr Riley's "I got my eye on you" list. I don't want to be on that list, I want to be on the "I'm not worried about you" list. That list is a lot better. Cade is actually starting to scare me. Next thing I know; he gets me expelled from school.

But... if I keep thinking about what I thought Tommy said about me, is it true? Do I like Cade? Do I keep thinking about him? Did I like kissing him? Well clearly I keep thinking about him since I'm thinking about him right now. I shouldn't even be thinking about him. Get out of my head, Cade! But do I like him?

No, I don't like him. Why would I like him? He's a prankster. He's probably joking about even liking me. Don't fall for his tricks. Remember, he told you that he always, almost lies. He could be lying about liking you too. But, would he go as far as to kissing me? Even though Cade likes to trick people, I don't think he's the type of guy to go as far to kissing people to prove to them that he likes them. Cade isn't that bad.

Actually, he probably is. I don't know him well enough. I can't like him. So whatever happened with Tommy, I must have temporarily lost my mind.

"Kaia!" I hear Vi. I see Vi running towards me, her dark hair waving like a flag behind her. By the time she reaches up to me, she starts to pant, trying to recapture her breath.

"Uh, everything alright, Vi?" I ask.

I'm sitting outside in the courtyard with the class novel. I need to catch up with the chapters. I'm already behind since I started school a bit late. We're reading Romeo and Juliet. Worse story in the history of stories, but yet it's one of the most popular ones. I don't understand people sometimes. Why do they like Romeo and Juliet? They're stupid and annoying.

"Is it true?" Vi asks between breaths.

I frown, "Got to be more elaborate than that. Is what true?"

"That you and Cade are dating!" she says.

My eyes widen. What? Where did she even get that thought? What did Cade do now? "No! Why would you think that?" I ask.

"Cade just told the whole school in the cafeteria that you two are dating," Vi says.

I choke on thin air. "He did what?" I screech. Is he trying to ruin my life? What if Kieran finds out? Does that kid have a death wish or something?

"Yeah, in the cafeteria, he just stood up on one of the tables and told everyone that Kaia Mercer is his girlfriend so no guy can even think about flirting with her," Vi says.

"Why would he do that?"

"I think maybe because you may have misled him into thinking that you were dating," Vi suggests. I highly doubt that I misled him into thinking that we were dating. I kept telling him that I don't like him and he can't like me. Does that mean we're dating in Cade's bizarre language?