Four

Kaia's P.O.V.

I look at Vi's back. I should probably sit beside her but the fact that she's sitting at the front puts me off. I hate the front seats. It feels as though my whole soul slowly incinerates whenever I sit at the front. The teacher's voice gets too loud; the blackboard feels too close. Everything about sitting at the front is a nightmare. Unfortunately, I have to sit near the middle of the class.

When Kieran and I entered class, we noticed there was only one seat left at the back. We literally pushed each other away just to get the back seat but of course, Kieran won. I hear Vivian giggle. I look at the entrance of the door and see Vivian walking in with her boyfriend, Ashton. Vivian's eyes lands on me and she catwalks her way towards me.

"Why are you sitting near my spot?" she spat.

Erg. "Aw, Vivian, my beautiful cousin, I just wanted to sit with you. I missed you so much," I sarcastically say. Ashton is beside her, his hand on her waist.

"We live together," she spat.

"Aw, babe, let her sit there. She wants to follow your example," Ashton says sweetly. I almost barfed in my mouth. Instead, I give a fake, sweet smile. Ashton kisses her cheek and heads to the back of the class. What does that guy see in Vivian?

"Yeah, what he said," I lie.

Vivian shrugs and takes a seat beside me, "It's about time. I'm getting really sick of your outfits and the way you always spend time with your brother. You need real girl friends," she says.

My outfits? What's wrong with my outfit? I'm literally wearing the same thing as she is. The school uniform.

"And your hair," she lifts up a strand of my hair. "It definitely needs more volume." I resisted the urge of slapping her hand away.

"Please, tell me more," I say, uninterestingly as I scowl at Kieran.

At that moment, Cade walks into class. Did he just come to class? This is the first time I have ever seen him in class without being dragged in here by the teacher. His eyes lands on Ashton and an evil smile appears on his face.

He strands towards Ashton who is talking to some of his friends by the back. I watch Cade. Cade walks by him, his shoulder pushes Ashton aggressively against the wall. Ashton collides into the wall, his arms hitting against the metal shelf creating a loud clang. Everyone's attention moves to the back.

Ashton regains his stance and before I know it, Ashton and Cade are brawling. Vivian jumps up, screaming with fear. Kieran stares at the two on the ground as though he is completely unaffected by the sudden fight.

Neither of them are hitting each other. They were wrestling rather than a fist fight. Ashton lands on top of Cade, his arm raised to punch him in the face. "Ashton, what are you doing?" Vivian screeches. "You'll get in trouble, stop it."

Ashton eyes are glued on Cade. I can see Ashton calming down slightly. Cade abruptly grabs onto Ashton's hand which is grasping onto Cade's shirt, "Oh, come on Ashton. Just one punch, I know you want to," Cade taunts. "Here, punch me here," he says, tilting his head to the side, giving a perfect aim to hit Cade's cheek.

I frown, "What is he doing?"

"What is going on here?" Mr Thomas' voice echoes through the classroom. I jump realising how close Mr Thomas is from me. I watch him walk towards the two boys on the ground. Ashton immediately jumps off of Cade and stands with his friends. Cade lays on the floor, groaning with defeat. "Who started it?" Mr Thomas asks. No one says anything. "Cade get off the floor," he roars.

Cade jumps up in one swift move. As he stands up, he immediately winces. I look at Cade and I can tell he is faking it.

"Who started it?" Mr Thomas asks.