Eight

Cade's P.O.V.

I watch as Kaia jumps on one leg, holding onto her right foot. I know she's in a lot of pain but I didn't want to go out there. She's pissed after Kieran dropped her on the floor. She grabs her school bag and aims to throw it at Kieran, but instead it lands a foot away from her. I smirk at how terrible that throw was.

"Oh my God, that was so pathetic," she cries to herself.

She hops to the wall and leans against it as she examines her injured foot. I notice her skirt rile up a little, revealing her thighs. I have to admit, she has nice legs but when she talks, she ruins it a little bit. I don't get how I'm supposed to get that into wanting to date me. She's stubborn and she's clever. She is going to pick up on my tricks easily and she will find me suspicious after a while.

I tried to make her think of me as a friend. But I need to act quickly before she throws me into the friend zone. I really want that money. I just need her to start liking me and I need to date her for one hundred days, then I'm done. It's goodbye Kaia and hello ten grand.

I lean off the wall and head towards Kaia, "Had a nice fall?" I joke.

Kaia head snaps towards me and her eyes narrow, "Not funny," she pouts. I smile, leaning against the wall, standing beside her. "Did you see all that? It looked like you saw all that," she states.

"Yeah, you were talking to Ben on the rooftop then you started to run like a maniac and then you fell down the stairs. Then Kieran picked you up, brought you here and dropped you on the floor," I say. "You know, going to the rooftop was pretty stupid."

"You saw the whole thing?" she groans.

I laugh, "I saw the whole thing. Tell me, why did you dye your brother's hair pink?" I ask. "When he screamed out your name earlier, I thought he was going to kill me for just talking to you."

Kaia holds in a laughter, "He broke my laptop the other day because I went on that date," she admits. When she realised she just admitted to going on a date, her eyes widen. "I mean, I went to the restaurant all alone, without inviting him," she lies trying to act casual.

I lift up her right arm beside me and put them over my shoulder as I help her support her weight.

"What are you doing?" she asks, surprised.

"Let's go to the nurse's office, you probably sprained your ankle," I tell her.

She shakes her head, "Nah, it's okay. I think I'm fine," she says. I arch an eye brow at her. She removes her arm away from my shoulder and tries to demonstrate that she's fine. She walks and I could see her face winces in pain but makes no sound.

I look at her ankle and I could tell by the way she walks she's in a lot of pain. I grab her right arm again and put it over my shoulder. "Come on, let's go to the nurse's office." She tries to move her arm again but I hold on to her wrist from moving. "It's either this way or I carry you," I threaten.

She purses her lips, "I don't want to go to the nurse's office. I'm still embarrassed that I fell down the stairs. If people find out that I actually got hurt, it'd be so embarrassing," she mutters.

"Shit, you can actually get embarrassed?" I feign shock.

Her face drops with annoyance, "Shut up. Go away, I'm not in that much pain to need help," she spat.

I laugh, "You're just like your brother, never wanting to show pain," I state.

"Oh, so your such close friends with Kieran that you can actually point out the similarities we have with each other?" she jokes. We begin to walk as I support Kaia's weight on her right side.