Twelve

The whole week I've been avoiding Cade. To make things worse, he actually shows up to class now. It's finally the weekend but now I have to go to some stupid party. I hope that Cade wouldn't go. Since it's Ashton's house and they hate each other, I highly doubt he'd even show up. But still, I don't want to go and Mike's going to be here any minute now.

I don't even know what to wear. What do you wear at a high school party? I don't even know the theme. All morning, I literally have been on the internet trying to figure out what to wear. When I met up with Vi during the afternoon, I even asked her what I would wear. She had no idea either. I wish Vivian was here so I could have a peek at what she'd be wearing tonight. Maybe Aunt Meredith can help me. I have decided on two outfits.

One outfit is blue skinny jeans, white knit sleeveless top with a brown leather jacket. Another one is blue skinny jeans and a blouse that Aunt Meredith bought. 

"Kieran!" I call out. Regrets will occur, but I do not want to ask Aunt Meredith. She'd make me wear another dress. In two minutes, Kieran walks into my room.

"What?"

"Pick which outfit I should wear tonight," I say, gesturing to the laid out outfits on my bed.

Kieran frowns, "Where are you going tonight?" he asks.

"A party."

"Why?"

"Vivian's making me go," I tell him.

"But she's not even here."

"Vivian's friend is going to take me instead," I say, purposely not saying the name. If Kieran knows that a guy is taking me to the party, he'd probably just shoot me in the head right now with a gun. Wait, if I do tell him then maybe he'll make sure I don't go and then I won't end up going. Actually, bad idea. Vivian is going to nag me to death if I don't end up going.

I hear the doorbell ring. I yelp, almost screaming. Shit, he's here already. Kieran frowns at me.

"Never mind, I'll just wear this one. Go away," I tell him, pushing him out the door.

"What's wrong with you?" he asks. I close the door on him before he can question me any further. I quickly change into option one outfit and put on some shoes, before rushing out the door.

I have to make sure Kieran doesn't see Mike. If he knows that Mike is taking me, I think hell would break loose. I run downstairs and immediately stop, almost tripping. Kieran stands in front of Mike, eying him down. More like, Kieran is pulling the 'who are you' face. 

"Uh, crap." I slowly walk towards them.

"This is the friend you were talking about?" Kieran asks.

My eyes widen, "What?" I look at Mike and he arches an eyebrow. "Oh, where's Kimberly? I thought she was supposed to be here?"

Mike frowns and I turn my attention back to Kieran. I hope Mike has a brain and plays along.

"I guess Kimberly must've had some problem so she most likely told Mike to pick me up to not leave me hanging, right Mike?" I ask. I forcefully smile at him, hoping he'd get the hint.

"What? Oh, right, yeah. Kimberly just called me a minute ago," Mike stutters.

Kieran glares at the two of us. "How do you even know his name is Mike?"

"Cause he's Vivian's friend, obviously I'd know," I say awkwardly. 

"Yeah, I know that. So since when did you care to find out what her minion's name are," Kieran asks. Kieran knows that something is fishy. I'm just surprised he hasn't even thought that it was a date. Even though it wasn't.