Twenty

Kaia's P.O.V. – Seventy-Eight more days

Mitch and I are supposed to meet up today at the library. I'm still annoyed that I must be tutored by a high schooler. So embarrassing. It's like an insult to my intelligence. I could've just asked Vi to tutor me but nope, Mrs Wallace just had to make Mitch my tutor. To add on the horror of my life, now that everyone knows that I'm dating Cade, I am getting a lot of looks. I got no idea why but I just am. It's like dating Cade makes you become a freak show.

They're probably thinking that Cade is going to trick me like all the other girls. To be honest, I think he is. I don't know why I even agreed to be his girlfriend after hearing that, but I knew he wouldn't leave me alone unless I said yes. When he gets bored of me, he'd leave and I wouldn't be surprised because I knew it was going to come. But, I actually hope that doesn't happen. I actually accepted to be Cade's girlfriend and I hope that this relationship wasn't for nothing.

I didn't ever want to date. My life plan has just gotten dumped in the toilet the moment I agreed to go on a date with Cade. But wait, no. Cade and I went on a date before that. He was my blind date and I never knew until this weekend. I can't believe he didn't even tell me that he was my date this whole time. It's like he didn't want me to know because he knew I would become uncomfortable around him and knew that I didn't even want to go on a date.

I guess that's partially the reason why I agreed to date him. He knows me well enough that he wouldn't do something I'd hate. He knows about my history of being bullied, he knows that half the time of what I say about myself isn't true... it's like he knew so much about me by just one look. It was strange but because of that, I felt closer to him. I guess I should be glad that I agreed to date someone that knows my issues and still didn't back out.

"Kaia?" I hear. I look up from my book and see Mitch, in his school uniform. The usual blazer, the usual dress shirt, tie and of course, perfectly parted hair. He doesn't look like a jock anymore; he looks more like a prep boy. Or like the school prefect, like in Harry Potter.

"That is me," I state.

He smiles and takes the seat across from me. "Well, good thing you're here. I actually thought you'd be a no show," he says.

"I have that effect on people," I say. I frown. What did I just say?

"Well, glad to know." Awkward.

I nod. "Well, Mr tutor, what will you teach me today? The good ol' long told stories, the evolutionary works of Einstein, the fancy language that started in the English-land or the numbers of horror house seven," I ask. In other words, history, physics, English or mathematics?

"Let's go with English," Mitch chuckles.

"Good choice," I nod.

I still can't believe I have to be tutored in English. I can't believe I got a 'c' for that class. Just because I spelt a few words differently. Discrimination, I say, discrimination. They are picking on the little Australian girl. I take out my English book and my essay that I just got back with the big ugly 'c' written on the top corner in red. I put a colon in front of the 'c' to make it look like a sad face once I got it back.

I watch as Mitch looks at my paper. After a few moments, he places the paper down and looks at me. "Okay, so from what I interpreted from the comments you got, the main reason why you got a 'c' was because you used a lot of run on sentences. Mrs Wallace is very particular with her essays and she likes it to be concise and straight on to the point," Mitch explains.

"Wait, are you saying that I didn't get the 'c' because of the spelling but I just genuinely sucked?" I ask, shocked.

"I hate to say it, but yeah," Mitch confirms.