Ten

Cade's P.O.V.

I look at Kaia, getting all flustered and angry. I have to admit; she looks cute when she's angry. I look at her trying to get out of becoming the captain. "No!" she yells. "It must be rigged. How did I even get eleven votes?" she whines.

"Do you want to turn down your position as captain?" Mr Reed asks. Oh, no she doesn't.

"Look, she's so shocked she won that she can't believe it," I interrupt her. Kaia snaps her head towards me and gives me the most dangerous scowl I have ever seen. She definitely hates me. I witnessed what she did in the cafeteria today and I thought it was a pretty bold move to do. No one really cared what she had to say but the fact that she stood up to the whole school and told them off was pretty entertaining and amusing.

But I knew from that behaviour, people might actually vote for her. I purposely used the word 'defend' and 'protect' when I nominated her, to have people look at the incident at the cafeteria that way. She defended Loser Vivian. She declared that anyone who calls her Loser Vivian would not be on her good side. I guess I need to get used to calling her Vi or Vivian.

Kaia never ceases to surprise me. I notice Kieran catches me staring at Kaia and he narrows his eyes at me. He uses his thumb to slide it against his throat, gesturing he'd slit my throat. I immediately look back to the front of the class. Kieran is scares me. I completely forgot that he will try to kill me if I date Kaia. Well, the more fun of it, I guess.

There is a knock at the door. Some junior walks into class, with his military cut hairstyle. "Uh, the Principal wants to see Cade Pearson," he says.

Mr Reed groans, "How did I know it was Cade?" Mr Reed mutters. "You heard him, Cade, go to the principal's office."

I jump up from my seat, stretching out my arms. Ah, caught again for ditching last period. I grab my bag and hang it over my shoulder. I salute everyone goodbye and follow the kid outside of class.

I think I'm the most visited student into Principal Howard's office. I think he would even call his best friend. Principal Howard gave up yelling at me after sophomore year. He knew whatever he is going to say will not work and he can't exactly expel me either. Dad is the highest donator to this school so technically, I'm the guy that Principal Howard should also keep happy. But that doesn't stop him from calling my dad every once in a while. Hey, at least I pass all my classes.

I enter Principal Howard's office without even knocking, "Hey Howie," I greet. I throw my bag onto the couch in the corner of the office and look at Principal Howard. He had his serious face on, which meant one thing. I look at the man who sits across from Principal Howard to see none other than my father.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"What is it that I'm hearing that you are almost at the verge of getting suspended again?" dad asks.

I grin, "About that dad, I started to attend classes. Didn't you notice? How else would I be here if I didn't even go to class?" I point out.

"One class? How about the rest of the day?"

"Take a seat, Cade," Principal Howard offers.

I take a seat next to dad, not caring that dad is giving me the death stare now. I'm used to this. I have been scolded at for the past five years. This is nothing.

"As this is Cade's senior year, it's important that Cade attends to at least eighty-five percent of all his classes otherwise he won't be able to graduate. Already, Cade has skipped out on three weeks' worth of classes for this year which makes already six percent. If he skips another three and a half weeks, he will have repeat his senior year," Principal Howard says.