Nineteen

Kaia's P.O.V. – Seventy-Nine more days

I don't know how Aunt Meredith does it. Somehow she manages me to get in dresses despite how much I hate it. This dress that I am wearing, is probably the worse dress I have ever worn in my whole entire life. It's a three quarter sleeved dress, the hem reaching my knees, but the top half is laced whereas the bottom half is simple but beneath it has some rough material that makes my leg itch. I can't tell whether this dress is beige or gold. Not only did Aunt Meredith get me in this dress, she also made me wear heels, again.

This is the worst birthday dinner already. "How much further?" I ask. To make this night even worse, we've been walking for two minutes and my legs are already freezing. This is why I don't wear dresses or skirts at night!

"We're almost there," Uncle John says.

I mentally groan. "It's so cold," I whine to Kieran.

"Then why did you wear a dress. That's your own fault," Kieran points out.

I pout. Why is he so mean to me? Oh right, he thinks I'm dating his friends. Well, I actually am now but he doesn't know that. Woops. My bad.

Kieran notices my pout. He rolls his eyes and grabs me by the shoulder, "Come here brat," he says. "Regina has been giving me the death stare ever since I shoulder bumped with her lover boy. Now I'm worried that she's trying to put a hex on me," Kieran whispers to me, feigning fear.

I laugh, "Your poor soul. The wraith of Regina is always unpleasant," I reply.

"Unfortunately. Now, every time I speak, she'll stare at me like I crossed a line. Look, she's doing it now," Kieran whispers. I look at Vivian and like Kieran says, she glares at Kieran as though she is sending daggers with her eyes. "Hey Vivian, how's your boyfriend? What's his name again?"

Vivian scoffs and looks away, her head held high as she walks. "If she lifts her head any higher, her brain might fall out of her tilted head," I chuckle.

"That shouldn't be a problem. Her brain fell out ten years ago. Remember, we witnessed it," Kieran responds. I laugh, remembering the time we told Vivian when we were seven that Vivian's brain fell out. First Vivian didn't believe us saying that she doesn't see it, but then we tell her when her brain fell out, you wouldn't be able to see it because without the brain, she slowly becomes blind. She cried for days actually thinking that her brain fell out.

"Just so you know, I don't care if you date him anymore. Just don't be an idiot, alright," Kieran says abruptly.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about," I mutter, feeling guilt.

"Oh God, you're already acting like an idiot," Kieran exaggerates.

I smile, hugging Kieran. "Oh, you mean Cade? Yeah, I'm not dating him," I whisper. "Cade is obsessed with me. I don't blame him though, I am pretty amazing," I say.

Kieran chuckles, "Yeah, of course you are. You are my sister after all. All your coolness came from me," he says.

I grin. "Ha, what a joke. You think you're cool?" I joke.

His proud smirk disappears and he glares at me. I innocently smile. I spot the name of the restaurant only a few metres away. I yelp and quickly run into the restaurant. Well my attempt at running in heels. I probably look like a toddler trying to run for the first time. By the time I'm two feet away from the entrance, I stop baby running, and I walk into the restaurant aiming to look fancy. As I enter I feel the warmth immediately. Mum, Kieran, Aunt Meredith, Vivian and Uncle John soon walk in.