[Chapter Thirty-Two] Liam

Life is about not knowing,
                                                      having to change,
                                                        taking the moment
                                                   and making the best of it,
                         without knowing what's going to happen next.
                                                                     - Gilda Radner

Chapter Thirty-Two- Liam

Spending time out with my dad was nice, even if we were working. I hadn't had anything to say to him since he took a swing at me, I don't think I could stay home much longer, I needed my own place away from them. If they wanted help then fine, but I needed my own space.

I didn't know how today would go, but so far things seem fine. We hadn't actually talked about what happened, just made small talk at first.

"Are you still looking to move out?" he asked, addressing our fight for the first time

"Yeah, I think it would be the best thing." I told him, hoping he wouldn't get pissed. I loved my family, but I needed to be out of that house.

"How about work?" he asked and I sighed

"I can help around here as much as I can, but I still have to make enough to live." I knew I couldn't totally abandon him, he need my help, and this was where I grew up, it was home, and he was my father.

"You know a couple years ago your mother and I thought about it, we got some plans drawn up for a house and when you moved back we looked into permits for it." I stopped with the fence I was working on and turned to face him

"Okay." I said curiously

"What I'm saying, is we have the permits and floor plan, we can start construction and have it finished in a few months if you're okay with living close to home and working here." They were going to build a house for me? Are they serious?  "It is your choice." he said and I nodded and got back to work.

It may seem like a no brainer, but I still needed to think about it before making a rash decision.

I would be close to home, which would be great. I could still have my own life and separation.

"What's the catch with it?" I asked him

"There is none." He shook his head

"Who's name would the house be in?" I asked curiously

"Yours, I can't promise we won't drop by, but that will be with anywhere, but we will knock. Not promising anything about Kaylis though."

"What are the plans like?"

"Two stories, three bedrooms, deck. It's a house to grow into, and if you decide you don't want it or move out, it's there for if you come home to visit and have a family, or for Kaylis."

"Why?" I asked

"Because you are an adult, Liam. No matter how much we don't want to admit it, you are. You'll be twenty three this year and you need your own privacy. It hasn't been fair to you."

"Okay." I said

"You want us to start building?" he asked and I nodded. It wouldn't be bad to stay around here and help so dad didn't have to worry about so much. It will be nice to have my own place too.

"Yeah, where are you going to be building?" I asked curiously and he smiled

"By the lake, it's close by the pond by far enough away so people won't disturb your happy place. "