[Chapter Fourteen] Liam

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way,
                               that some poems don't rhyme,
and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. 
                                 Life is about not knowing, having to change,
                   taking the moment and making the best of it, 
without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity."

                                                                  ― Gilda Radner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen – Liam

Seeing someone in that position was something I never thought I would see. Were slow moving down here, in this town everyone knows everyone and our crime rate is barley existent. Sure there are fights and such, but seeing a man take advantage of a girl like that just blew my mind.

How could someone do that to another person, how can he harm a woman? How can any man lay a harmful hand to a woman and then use his strength against them. For gods sakes she could barely struggle, her head was bleeding, her face was bruised.

And that's all that went through my mind in the first few seconds I saw her. I was disgusted with him when I saw Addie was naked on the ground and she didn't look like she was doing well, she looked so out of it.

I heard the sound of the horse again before the horse kicked his hoof back and Jack went tumbling off of her. I was relieved to see she still had her underwear on, it wasn't much but at least he didn't finish what he set out to do.

Asher ran over to try to calm the horse down while Ethan ran over to grab Jack and I stood there frozen. It was hard to see this violence, especially directed at someone that I cared very much for.

I snapped out of it when I heard her whimpering, I ran over to her and the horse neighed, when I touched Addie she screamed and the horse freaked out. Asher was having a hard time calming it down.

"Addie, sweetie it's Liam, I'm not going to hurt you. I won't hurt you." I told her as I lifted her body slightly to mine, I hoped she didn't freak out, I hoped she let me in. This could set all the progress she had back to how it was when she got here.

She relaxed and I tried to pick her up without hurting her. she fell to the ground with a crack and I flinched, I think that was her wrist. She threw up over and over again and she was shaking as she heaved over and over again, not being able to really catch her breath.

I felt so helpless and I did the only thing I could do and rubbed her back. She arms gave out

"Woah." I grabbed her and pulled her into my lap so she wouldn't fall, and I just held her as she cried. The realization that she was very much naked hit me and I didn't think she would want anyone seeing her like this.

"Addie, can you put your arms up?" I asked because I wasn't sure; I think her wrist is broken and her arms are all bruised with a bunch of handprints. The thought infuriated me but I tried to keep calm for her.

She nodded and I moved back to I could pull my shirt over my head, she raised her arms a bit, but flinched and I got my shirt over her as quick as I could without hurting her more and grabbed the bandanna that was around her mouth to tie it around her head where it was bleeding. I pulled her as close to me as I could get her and she put her head in my chest and cried. The sobs shook her body and her hands fisted at my skin.