twenty four // what did you expect?

i silently packed my bags the next morning for tour. just because matty and i weren't getting along doesn't mean i wasn't going.

i stayed in the spare room for most of the morning. i wasn't ready to see matty, yet. after i was fully packed, i got ready for the day. i finally unlocked the door and dragged my bags behind me into the living room.

matty slumped over the couch, his elbows propped on his knees. he was still in last nights outfit. i chose not to acknowledge him. i was still upset. i wasn't going to be nice just because he was distraught.

"hello, good morning," george sang walking in.
"we've got a tour to start!" adam said coming in behind him.
"matty boy, what's wrong?" george teased. matty showed no reaction. adam raised his eyebrows at me. i shrugged it off, not wanting to draw any attention to his actions of last night. let's just pretend that didn't happen.. for now.

"ross is downstairs in the lobby if you want to go to the bus," adam said. i nodded.
"we'll get him, don't worry," george said.

i walked downstairs to ross, joel, and jamie.
"hey there," joel said. i smiled.
"where's matty?" ross asked.
"upstairs," i said.
"he better not mess this up," jamie said, "it took a lot of convincing to have lana agree to this!"

ross walked out towards the busses. i followed him.
"there isn't much space here," he said. "there's about 2 medium sized bunks in one, a small room and few cubicles in the other. you and matty can share the room, we can work out the rest." he pointed to the door towards the back.

it was a lot smaller, but what was i expecting. there was a mirror against one side of the wall, a full-sized bed in the middle of the room, a set of drawers, and a small desk with a lamp on it beside the bed.

i sat my bags down and went back to the living room area. ross and adam sat on one of the sofa booths. i sat beside them.

"we got him," george said. matty walked groggily past him towards the bedroom.
"we have a show tonight, what's gotten into him?" jamie snapped. he followed matty to the back room. i could hear talking, more like yelling. i wanted to tune everything out.

"he must be drinking again, or on something," i hear jamie mutter to george. i sigh, feeling the pit in my stomach widen. what am i getting myself into?

joel peeped his head inside from the door,
"willow?" he called out my name. i stood up and walked to him outside of the bus.
"yeah?"
"do you wanna come on our bus until we get there?" he smiled at me. i grinned back and agreed.

"sorry if it came out strange. i can tell there's some tension going on, matty is a mess and they go back and forth," he said.
"there is, and i know," i slightly laughed, wanting to keep it calm.
"it happens, don't worry. have you ever toured before?" he asked, walking to the back room on his bus.

"no, it's my first time traveling, really. i rarely travel," i explained. my family was never the vacation type of family.
"it was the same for me as a child. as i got older, i kinda drifted off. i made this band, and now we're everywhere," he laughed.
"must be nice," i joked.

"willow," he said. i looked up. "tell me more about yourself."

i wasn't sure how to explain myself in a normal matter. i definitely couldn't bring up my kinks, and bdsm obsession. i didn't have any interesting characteristics. i wasn't unique, either.

"um," i muttered, "i don't know where to start."
he smiled hard at me. his eyes stared me down. "where are you from? i'll answer the questions, too," he said.

"born and raised in the suburbs of new york," i smiled.
"that's cliche, but cute," he said, causing me to blush, "i'm from here, england. manchester, nothing special."

"but manchester is much nicer than new york!" i replied.
"i actually like new york!" he said, he pushed me in a joking matter.
"uh, huh. it's nice if you haven't spent 18 years there!" i yelled, flirting back.

"okay, next question!" i said.
"favorite bands?" he asked.
"the 1975, arctic monkeys, and the smiths," i said.
"of course your boyfriends band!" he laughed. "but i appreciate the older music taste, morrissey is classic."
"matty isn't my boyfriend! it's not like that." i said. it wasn't like that at all. it was much worse.
"so, miss willow lone rider, huh?" he teased.

"for the most part, yes," i laughed.
"would you ever change that?" he smirked at me. it was something about him, something about the looks he gave me in simple conversations. they threw me over the edge.

"maybe, i'm waiting it out," i smirked back at him. maybe joel wasn't so bad for me. maybe this could go somewhere.

i didn't have to stay restrained to matty. i could do whatever i wanted to. he clearly has his own issues. maybe I shouldn't be involved in that.

+

eek.
IM SEEING THE 1975 MONDAY AND TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK IM SO EXCITED !!!!!!!
vote comment n shareeeee
'n my read count is going down a lot :(