twenty // girls

matty woke me up midday.
"i have a meeting with my manager today," matty said, "and liz called earlier wanting you to go to the img building. i didn't want to wake you up, though."

the building is where the modeling agency is here. i sighed.
"i'm not sure if this is what i want," i said.
"honey," he came beside. "there's no pressure. i think you should try it out and see if you like it. if it's not for you, don't do it."

matty dropped me off at a large building. at least 5 story's high.
"kill it, princess," he said dropping me off. i rolled my eyes, "i don't know about that."

walking into the building, i was greeted kindly by a girl. she was tiny. it almost seemed unhealthily skinny. but i wasn't one to judge.

"hello," she said. i could immediately hear her brazilian accent.
"hi," i smiled.
"you must be, willow?" she said, smiling wide at me.
"i am."
"i'm not good at introductions, my bad," she walked up a flight of stairs, i followed. "but my name is alissa."

thanks, great introduction, very explanatory; i thought.
"so," she said sitting at a table, gesturing me to sit across from her. "i'm not a modeling scout. i'm nowhere near being a leader or anything like that, but i do help around here. i'm one of the models on the agency, so i'm asked to help newbies out. i'm also the face behind the lens most days, after awhile, i preferred the camera vision."

"i'm not even sure if i'm be doing this," i said. "i don't know if it's for me."
"i thought the same thing. i was scouted personally, i didn't reach out to anyone," she explained. "i started about 2 years ago."

"what exactly did you do?" i asked her.
"they found me through instagram when i was 17," she said. so she was 19? she looked about 16.
"what do you currently do? like, do you have an assignment?" i asked. i felt as if i was asking too much.

"you're signed to this label as a brand. to companies, you aren't willow. you are a model for whatever company." she said.

that seemed harsh. i wouldn't be seen as myself? just as a brand?

"you have nice style, and from your portfolio, you can take a good photo," she explained.
"i'm plain jane, though. i'm not ridiculously skinny like most models," i said.

"modeling isn't always about your body," she said.

i bit my lip contemplating my next choices. i don't know if i was cut out for this. could i actually do something notable?

"so, are we getting a new face?" she said. her eyes pleaded.
"i think so," i smiled. she handed me a release form. i sighed my name neatly.
"i'm happy to know you'll be joining us," she grinned largely at me.

"now, let's get your face out there!" she squealed.

+

alissa took photos of me in the most random outfits. my favorite was of me in front of pixel clouds.
"i think these are wonderful," i said.
"me too!" i said happily.
"hello?" i heard from downstairs. it sounded like matty.

alissa's head perked up.
"it's just my friend," as awkwardly as it came out, she just nodded.

two can play this game.

"up here, matty," i yelled. moments later he was up there with us.

alissa looked shocked. she must know who he is.
"matty?" she asked, "willow, i didn't know your boyfriend was a rockstar."
"that's me," he replied. i shot him a look.
"well, he isn't my boyfriend..." i muttered under my breath. her eyebrows raised.
"huh? small world," she looked in shock still, "well, we've got ourselves a fresh face."

"you signed?" matty said excitedly.
"yes!" i replied. his eyes lit up.
"i'm so happy!" he said, "she's going to be great."
"with my help, ill get her picture out everywhere."
"it was nice meeting you, alissa. thank you for the help," i said.
"the pleasure was all mine," she smiled. matty grabbed my hand and we walked to the car.

"this is what you want, right?" he said.
"i'm positive," i smiled.
"i'm happy you're doing this. it'll be good for you," he said.

i still wasn't sure if i could do this. i felt somewhat peer pressured by alissa and her big grin. how could i say no to someone so excited? i began to feel guilty for my choice.

+
hey sorry this was lame but ill be updating again later tonight (i think?)
vote comment and share 💕

ps xxx