fourteen // the birthday party

this chapter might be split in 2 idk yet.
fast forward to friday (aka birthday)
ok song for the chapter is GREAT

+

today was the day. the day i turned 18. coincidentally, also a week until my graduation.

matty came into town late last night. he and the boys rented a house for the weekend for some odd reason. it was about an hour and a half  from me.

my rsvp list for the party was only about 10 people. a few friends and some of matty's mutuals. i was completely fine with matty's friends going, too.

my anxiety was eating me alive, though. what if i didn't look good enough for tonight? i want to look pretty enough for matty.

i slumped on the end of my bed, somewhat hurt. i always did this to myself. i get so excited for something, then i start doubting.

"hey, birthday girl," liz said walking into my room. now wasn't an ideal time to be here.
"what's wrong?" she caressed my shoulder.

i smiled wide, ignoring my initial reactions. "i'm fine." i immediately saw her eyes widen, "if you say so."

"it's about time for you to be getting ready, don't you say?" she asked. i checked my clock. 5 pm. the dinner was at 8. my mom would be getting home. id have to tell her the plans.

"willow," i heard my mom say as the apartment door opened. i groaned. she was probably going to start bitching.

"yeah?" i asked her.
"happy birthday. i'm sorry about how rough things have been recently. i haven't meant to take it out on you," her eyes looked sincere. i nodded.
"it's okay, mom," i said. "my friends planned something for me tonight. ill be out for the weekend."

"that's fine, just be safe," she said. this was the nicest she's been to me in months.

"was it good?" liz asked.
"yes. and i also got an okay for the weekend," i smiled. "are you going in that?" i asked.
"yeah, i don't really see the point in changing," she shrugged.

"well you look nice, don't worry," i said. "could you do my makeup for me, please?" i asked liz nicely. she grinned and reached into my makeup bags.

+

after liz finished my makeup, i did my hair myself. i did half up half down, then i changed into my dress.

"you look great," liz said, gawking at my appearance. "now, lets go!"

+

we arrived just a few minutes before 8. the boys were already here, as well as london. i wasn't in the mood to argue with her, so i smiled at her. she apologized since the argument, but i was still bitter.

there was a black table with gifts on it. the gifts were stacked one by one. i've never had so many presents before. liz ren walked over and sat down 2 gifts.

"happy birthday, gorgeous!" ross told me, then engulfed me in a hug.
"thank you," i blushed.
"someone looks nice," adam teased. these boys were slowly becoming closer to me.
"c'mon now. we all know she likes me the most," george teased.

"you guys are too goofy," i said laughing. i scanned my eyes around the room. everyone seemed to be here, except matty.

"where's matty?" i asked adam.
"his door was locked when he left. i didn't want to bother him. he'll be here, though. he wouldn't miss it," adam reassured me. i took a deep breath and waited.

about 20 minutes later, matty showed up. he came in a black button down, except the first few buttons were unbuttoned, revealing the tattoo on his chest. he wore his black pants with the rips on the knees, and his white converse.

"i'm so sorry i'm late," he said pulling his sunglasses down, even though it was dark outside. he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head.
"goddamn, that dress," he gawked at me.

he turned around sat a large gift box on the table.  "thank you," i smiled. "i'm happy you made it."

+

the meal wasn't that great, but the company was. i loved having everyone here for me.

"gifts!" ross exclaimed. "open them!" i laughed at his excitement. "okay!"
i walked over to the table piled high with gifts.

the boys got me various outfits, which were all the correct size and very cute.
"you got the size and everything correct!" i laughed at them.
"i know my clothes!" george exclaimed.

most of my gifts were clothes, makeup, and lotions. i hadn't opened matty's, yet. he wanted me to open it last.

"open," matty handed me the large gift box. he handed me another box as well.
i wasn't expecting him to get me anything, i already had the balmain dress.

i tore into the precisely wrapped gift, matty obviously didn't wrap this. it was too nice. my eyes glistened over the packaging.

"matty, no!" i shouted. "no!" i couldn't believe him right now.
"yes, all yours," he smiled. my eyes went over the packaging of a fancy macbook air. he's spending too much money on me, i thought.

"why though? you've already got me this expensive dress, i really didn't need anything else," i whined.
matty leaned over and whispered, "daddy has to treat his princess. whenever you're a good girl, daddy will reward you."

i melted inside. he was too hot.
"baby, you have one more," matty handed me the box. it was thinner than the first. i opened it to reveal 2 vinyl. the 1975 self-titled, and another the 1975 one i didn't recognize.

"what's this?" i showed him the foreign vinyl.
"i like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful, yet so unaware of it. it's the very first copy that's been pressed. it was made for you, the title was too," he said, putting his arm around me. the guests oohed and ahhed. i wanted to be grateful, but i didn't even have a record player.

"matty, i love this and all, but i don't have a way of playing them," i sighed.
"really, huh?" ross said from across the table. i looked up to see him hand over crosely record player with a shiny bow.
"it's from all of us," matty said smiling.

"we told him the album title was long, but he insisted," adam teased.
"she is the best, so she gets the best," matty smiled at me.

+
lol y'all gonna hate me for the next chapter. but there's smut so it's ok. but i have an idea for the ending that might make y'all angry and sad at me. we'll see ;)

ily
thankusomuch for the comments , votes, and reads.
btw your comments make me laugh a lot.