thirty five // sweet disassociation

playlist:
sweet disassociation - cuco

+

after a grueling flight, and fight with customs, we made it back to manchester. we didn't get back till late at night. we both came in and passed out for about 10 hours. like i said, you really never get used to the long flights continuously.

it felt nice to be home. despite my exhaustion, i still had a shoot planned for today. i headed out to meet alissa at the studio.

"so, you took the job?" alissa said. "yay! i'll get your measurements so they can tailor the garments you'll wear."
"yes, i did! i don't know if i'm more excited or nervous, though. i think matty and i are going to get a place in paris next month, for the time being," i explained.
"willow, you should only feel excited, maybe a little nervous, but not enough to overpower the excitement," she said.
"you're right, i guess i'm more so worried about my relationship with matty, and feeling so alone in paris," i said.
alissa cracked a smile, "you don't have to worry about being alone, i'll be there photographing, too."

oddly enough, that gave me relief. relief knowing i wouldn't be completely alone. alissa and i have grown closer overtime, it'll be nice to have her there.

"eek!" i squealed. "i'm definitely more excited now! when are you going to move?"
"probably end of february, i haven't decided yet. i'm likely just going to stay long term at a hotel," alissa explained.

i hadn't thought of that. my first guess was to get an apartment.

"that's actually a smart idea. i'm going to pitch that idea to matty," i said, "we're probably going to move early february, maybe middle of february."

"it should do us some good to be in our parisian era," alissa chuckled. i nodded in agreement.

text from: matty
come to the studio soon

"i have to head out, matty called. i'll see you soon, though," i smiled at alissa before leaving for the studio.

+

i stepped into the studio office, which to my surprise, sounded silent. did he leave before i got here?

"matty?" i called out, walking around. "george?" i called out for him, too. in the back of the hallway, i see the music room door slightly propped open.

i slowly approached the door, and gave it a light tap to peer my head through.

"surprise!" i heard a familiar voice come from behind me.
"liz!" i screamed and ran to her. what was she doing here? i haven't seen her in forever.
"i'm here for a few weeks doing some shoots, i wanted to surprise you!" she said, still hugging me.
"i missed you so much!" we said in unison.

it's nice to know, no matter how much life changes, my best friend is always here for me.

"where's everyone else at?" i asked her, referring to matty and the band.
"they're in there," she pointed to another music room, with the door shut. i lightly knocked on the door, and we trailed in.

matty had on headphones and was working on vocals. ross and adam were messing with controls. george, being his usual self, was laying on a couch, watching everyone. liz went over and sat by him.

"hey, love," matty said, he slipped his headphones off and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"hi," i replied, "it seems like you've all been working hard."
"some of us haven't done anything," adam said, glaring over at george.
"oh, fuck off," george laughed, "you all know i'm the backbone of this band."

jamie came in a few second later and interrupted the lighthearted chatter. as he usually does.

"okay, boys, let's discuss tour dates. i've almost figured it all out," jamie said, "album drops early february, we hit the road the last week of february. we will tour until june or july. i only say possibly july, because of summer festivals we might be invited to go to."

at least 4 months of being separated from matty. the anxious feeling comes back. overall,
im excited for the boys to show off their new album and get to tour.

i looked over at matty. he doesn't seem as worried as me. as a matter of fact, no one seems worried like me. not even liz.

matty spoke into my ear, "it's gonna be alright, i promise." will it be, though?
"i think we've all done enough for today," matty announced, "me and willow are going to head out." he held my arm as we walked out to the car.

"matty, i think we need to figure out the paris move," i spoke softly.
"i know, we do. do you want to get an apartment? townhouse?" he said, lightheartedly.
"I was thinking, maybe just a long term stay at a hotel. we don't know if i'll even get offered the long term position or not, yet," i explained to him.
"let's take our livelihood to the 4 seasons paris then," he laughed.
"my first day on the job is march 1st, but you'll be our touring before then," i said.
"how about we move up 13 february?" he said, "it's a monday, we'll have a full week together in paris. I leave for north america the 22nd," he said.

"let's do it then," i said.

i'm trying to stay enthusiastic about this, but i don't think i am truly. am i making the wrong decision?

+

hi everyone
these last few chapters have just been filler chapters, it's going to get interesting

i decided to change the ending of this story - sorry to anyone who's read this before. completely different ending now!
i'm thinking there's only about 5-6 more chapters left. there will be some time hops. it should be done within the next few days <3

tysm for all of the love

ps xxx