thirty four // new year's eve

playlist:
new year's eve - mellow fellow

+

i woke up peacefully next to matty. probably the only peaceful part of today.

matty yawned loudly and woke up with me.
"good morning, sleeping beauty," i jokingly said to him.
"piss off," he joked back. i wouldn't change our humor for anything.
"we should probably head to my mom's soon," i said. matty groaned and got up to get ready.

i kept my look simple today. i straightened my hair and did light makeup. for my outfit, i put on the lululemon leggings matty got me recently, paired with a gray long sleeve, and white puffy jacket. the new york snow is no joke. I put on a beanie and warm shoes to match.

i look over at matty, who's dressed in his typical matty fashion. trench coat, with warm clothes to pair with.

"i guess it's time to go," matty said to me.
"now or ever," i sighed to him.

+

i began to feel even more nervous approaching the door to my mom's house. it had been so long, i almost didn't recognize the area.

"baby, we don't have to do this if you aren't ready," matty said as he grabbed my arm.
"no, no. i'm ready, just nervous," i replied, "here goes nothing."

knock knock knock. a few seconds go by. my heart rate starts to pick up.

the door creaks open...

"willow?" my mom says. she looks taken aback to see me.
"hi, mom," i said in fear.
she peeked her head out to look at matty.
"oh, it's him again. well, i guess you can come in," she says.

i looked over at matty, he nodded and we walked in.

"what brings you two back around here? i thought you've been off in england?" my mom says, more passive aggressively than concerned.
"uh, yeah, we have a place in manchester still. i have some changes coming next year, i don't know how much i'll be back. i mostly just wanted to try to make amends with you, mom," i said. this is the first time i spoke with confidence to her.

"oh, changes?" she scoffed, "i'm sure, willow, you don't seem to ever have any good changes."

fuck it. this is why i don't like trying with her. i'm just gonna bite the bullet.

"i'm sure you remember me saying i've gotten into modeling. i'm actually going to be moving to paris for an extended period of time for my modeling career," i look over at matty, he's been silently looking at both of us, "we're moving to paris - together."

"we're actually going to be moving in early february." matty said. early february? huh? we hadn't discussed that. but i appreciated him speaking up regardless.

my mom look stunned above all else. i don't know if it was in a bad, or good way.

"willow, i'm happy you're getting an opportunity to do something with your life. i think that'll be a great job for you," my moms demeanor softened. definitely not the reaction i expected, but i'm not complaining.

"thank you, mom," i said. i cant believe how well this is going now.
"what's been going on with you, healy?" my mom shot him a look.
"i've been working with my mates on our new music. we have a new album coming out soon, and our first north american headlining tour," matty said.

"ah, impressive. great news all around from both of you," my mom smiled. i cant believe this, honestly.
"i was worried you were coming to say i was going to be a grandma!" my mom laughed.
"oh, no! definitely not happening anytime soon," i said. we all laughed together.

"while you're here, willow," my mom said, "is there anything you want from the house before you leave? i'm thinking about downsizing and selling the house early next year."

my childhood home. the only home we've ever had. i couldn't help but to feel a wave of sadness.

"mom," my voice cracked, "you're gonna sell the house?" i was in disbelief. i know i don't live here anymore, but i would still like to come back every now and then.
"i'm putting too much money in this house for it to just be me here. i was thinking about getting a small apartment. save money, without having a mortgage," my mom explained.
"no, mom, this is our home. it was always just me and you here," i stammered, "mom, if money is the problem, let me pay off the house. i'm in a position to do that now."

though we always had our issues, she made sure i never went without. i've always dreamed of being in a position to help her.

"willow, no, i don't think you should," my mom stated.
"no, really, let us help you," matty jumped in.
"mom, let's repair our relationship. i want to be closer to you. i want to come home more," i pleaded to her.
"fine, if you insist," my mom said. i looked over at matty and smiled.

this all feels so right.

"goodbye, mom," i hugged my mom on our way out. "it's been great visiting."
"goodbye, sweetheart. i appreciate you coming by. i'm happy we're finally repairing our bond," my mom said, "and goodbye to you healy, stay out of trouble." she chuckled.
"trouble is my middle name," matty joked with her.
"you kids be safe, and have a happy new year. oh, and don't be a stranger." my mom said.

trouble doesn't explain the half of what we get ourselves into.

+

* smut ahead *

times square on new year's eve; truly nothing more beautiful. it feels like something right out of a christmas song. and to be sharing this moment with matty, i couldn't be happier.

3, 2, 1..

matty grabbed me tightly and kissed me, "happy new year's, my love."
"happy new year's, i love you so much," i said as he held me.
"i love you most," he replied.

we walked hand in hand back to our hotel. i'm reminiscing on everything this past year threw at me. graduating, finding work, and moving to a new country.
meeting, and almost losing matty.
i'm thankful for everything this year showed me. it all led up to this moment.

"see, new york didn't treat you so bad, did it?" matty chuckled to me.
"it actually treated me way better than i would've ever expected," i smiled at him.

when we got back to the hotel, i washed my face and took off my makeup after such a long day. matty immediately got into his pajamas, i can't say i blame him.

he came up behind me and smacked my ass. it always catches me by surprise.
"didn't daddy say there would be more?" he whispered in my ear. i could feel myself slowly melting. he's so sexy.

he picked me up and threw me onto the bed. he tore off my clothes one by one. daddy is really needing me tonight. but i definitely need him, too.

his hand wandered underneath my panties, touching over my wetness.
"wet, already? that's my girl. you've been craving me, haven't you?" he said, as he hovered over my body, my legs resting on his shoulders.

i could feel his hardness brushing up against me. he better fuck me senseless. it's all i want.

"i need you, daddy," i said to him seductively. i know how to be his weakness, too.
"say less, baby girl," he said as he rubbed his tip over my wetness.

the feeling of his embrace always catches me by surprise. a series of soft moans escaped my mouth one by one. his thrusting getting more intense each stroke.

"fuck, baby girl. you take such good care of daddy," he moaned to me mid thrust.
"daddy, it feels so good," i breathlessly moaned back to him.

"im close," he groans, as his eyes roll back. still feeling bliss, i wrapped my legs tight around him.
i know how much he likes when i do that.

we reached our climax and moaned together from the feeling.

"i love you," he said. he gently rubbed his thumb over my lips.
"i love you," i said back to him.
"back to reality tomorrow," he said. we laughed together. laughter is all that can keep us prepared for what this year will throw at us.

it's only the beginning.