twenty nine // an encounter

a few days later.

as soon as i landed in manchester, i got a taxi straight over to the hospital. it wasn't a regular hospital, it was a rehabilitation hospital. i checked in and walked up the stairs to where matty was staying.

"willow, you came," george said to me. he came and gave me a hug, "why did you leave?"
"i had work," i said. partially true, partially a lie. he looked sympathetic.
"he's in the room. he said he wanted space, so i've been out here for a little bit," he pointed to a door. i took a deep breath and quietly opened the door, so that i didn't disturb him if he was resting.

the room was bare. he wasn't in plain sight. i walked towards the second door in the room, which i assumed was a restroom. the door was slightly cracked and i could see light peering through it. he was in there.

i slowly approached the door. the closer i got, the more prominent, soft moaning sounds became. 

was he really fucking someone in a hospital? if ellie is in there, i will never speak to this man again. he is always going to put his needs before me, and everyone else. 

 i walked up to the door and pushed it open. this was the last time matty would do me wrong. i need to see for myself. 

"fuck," he moaned. i looked to see him pumping, he was finishing himself off. he looked up and me and quickly scattered to the bathroom.

"sorry," i said. i walked over to the bed and sat down.

of course, he would. again, not surprised. but, it's definitely better than seeing ellie in here.

"you actually came," he said to me. 

well, YOU actually came, i restrained myself from letting that one slip out.

"it was obviously a big deal," i murmured, "im still here for you."
"willow, i am so sorry," he walked over to me to hug me, "i know i've fucked things up, but you're the one thing in my life that makes sense."

i missed his warm embrace. even at his lowest, he still held me tightly. i know how i feel now, everything we've gone through has led us to this..

"matty, why didn't you tell me about your addiction problem?" i asked straightforward.

"how do you know about that? i thought i was a recovered addict. i guess i'm not. i'm going back to rehab," he said. "it's only for a short time, i had jamie pull some strings. home, with you, is where i need to be."

"was it a secret or something? i told you about maxwell, half of my friends don't even know about that! you wanted to keep something so severe from me!" i shouted.
"i get it, it's a big deal. like i said, i thought i recovered. if i recovered, then why
would i need to bring it up?" he said.

"because it's fucking important either way! i was over the assault, but that doesn't mean it's not important anymore." i said.

"i have anger management problems. i can't control myself when i drink sometimes. i do drugs too excessively. i know all of these things. i'm sorry, princess. i'm so sorry," matty said. he leaned over and rested his head on my lap.

"it'll be okay, daddy," i said softly, "we will get through it. i have to know these things so i can be there for you. i'll take care of our place, in the meantime i need you to get better. I can't go through this any longer, matty."