six // betrayed

i couldn't focus in calculus. i kept thinking about Matty. this is really my life as of now.

the boys are doing 3 shows in new york next week. i was asked to do merch during the show. of course i agreed.

"Miss Luna?" i snapped back to reality.
"Oh, yes Mr. Fitz," i said.
"On task, please."

thankfully i had lunch next.

-

i grabbed my lunch and made my way to the table where i always sit. Ava and Maxwell were sitting there.

i halted for a slight second. Maxwell. why was he there? the sight of him sent shivers up my spine. it's been 4 months.

4 months and i still barely have peace.
i still have nightmares occasionally.
it still hurts.

i slowly walked to the table and sat beside Ava, not even acknowledging Maxwell.
maybe he just came by for a minute. i wanted to give Ava the benefit of the doubt.
but she knows what he did to me.
i pulled my earphones from my bag and plugged them in quickly.

"Come on, Wils," Ava said stuck up, using my nickname.
"I didn't ask for this." i stated, ignoring her other words.

i was halfway done with my meal when Liz came to the table. Once she came, Maxwell left. i unplugged my headphones.

"Hey, Liz," i muttered.
"What the hell is your deal?" Ava said, dropping her fork.
"You only re opened a fresh wound." i said. i grabbed my bag and stormed off. this was a joke. she's a fucking joke for that.

Liz quickly followed me. "Why was he there?"
"I don't know," i murmured. "I-" i started to choke up. i didn't want to see him anytime soon. i started to feel a breakdown coming. the memories all flooded again. suddenly, i'm back in that dark spot..

Liz looked at me with sincere eyes. "You're stronger now," she caressed my shoulder. "Ava can be a bitch. when has she ever been selfless? let's go somewhere after school."

"sure," i muttered.
truthfully, i want to curl up and be alone now.

-

i avoided Ava at all costs, until it came to the end of the day. I was walking to meet up with Liz, when Ava yanked my arm.

"what!" i said all too loudly.
"get over it, Willow. it's time to let other people be happy. not everyone hates their life," she snarled. i felt like crashing down, once again.
"willow, you never did anything about it after the fact. what do you expect me to do?"

my heart started pounding. i felt weak again.

"Ava, if you were my real best friend, you would understand what he did was wrong. don't do this with me. you're shitty for that," i snapped.

"you're just an over dramatic loser, willow. you live in my shadow. you wish you could have my life." ava said.

her words stung. it all hurt. i ran and didn't look back.
i need to get back into the right headspace.
-

"Ava said Maxwell has a thing for her," Liz said, while driving to a frozen yogurt shop nearby.
"I believe it," i grumbled. "he always had a thing for her. " even when he was with me. hopefully, she makes it out better than i did..

"it's been obvious too, but why is she actually giving him a chance? he's a disgusting human," Liz griped. i nodded in agreement. "i mean, he ONLY-" i cut her off mid sentence. i mentally can't talk about it again. i don't want to think about it.

"i really don't want to talk about this anymore," i sighed. "this is too traumatizing for me, it all hurts."

-

authors note: NEXT CHAPTER IS GOOD I PROMISE.
boringgggg i know lol. i'm just dragging chapters on so i can hurry up with other stuff so bear with me !!