eleven // house of memories

ps here's a cute matty gif for the story :)

today matty was dropping me off at home, then flying back to manchester

today matty was dropping me off at home, then flying back to manchester. i was going to miss him a lot. i couldn't help but to wonder if something would happen.

"bun," matty whispered, slowly waking me up. i grumbled and sat up.
"ugh, don't remind me," i whined.
"a little over a week, baby girl."

"i know," i sighed.
"get your stuff together, we'll get some food and i'll take you home."

i groaned again before getting up.

+

matty sat in the front of the tour bus with adam, george, and ross.
"i've gotta get her home. ill be back," matty said.
"oh, nice meeting you willy," george said. matty stopped and looked back at him oddly.

"her name is willow, georgie," adam said laughing.
"i know, i was giving her a cute nickname!"

ross looked up and laughed.
"it was a pleasure to meet you, willow," ross nodded.
"thank you guys for having me," i said awkwardly.
"get used to her, she'll be around more," matty smiled.

i waved back and followed matty to the car.
"that wasn't too bad, was it?" he asked, reaching for my hand.
"no, i think it went okay," i grinned at him. he stared at me for a few seconds before turning away to start the car.

"so, what are we doing for your birthday, princess?" he asked me.
"i don't know," i gulped out of embarrassment, "i don't really have much money to spend on it. so i'm not looking for anything extravagant." i looked down and fiddled with my shirt.

"baby girl," matty said softly, "money isn't an issue. whatever you want is yours. fuck, if you want to go to paris we'll go. whatever YOU want. remember, i said i'm changing things. things are going to revolve around you."

i looked down and smiled.
"a dinner would be nice."
"dinner party? or just a dinner for us?" he asked.
"um, a dinner party would be great, actually. you, george, adam, a few of my friends, and whoever else you want," i said.

"that's all?" he asked.
"well, i don't want much," i said quietly.
"you deserve more, though," he said back to me.
"i got a balmain dress, im getting a dinner party, and i have you. that's all i need. ever."

+

"am i meeting the mum yet?" he asked. my stomach dropped. i forgot she was home.
"oh god," i gasped. "she's going to want to meet you if she sees you pull up."
"i can't meet her?" matty joked.
"not yet! i mean, how will i explain how i met you? and your age? she'll go insane!" i screeched. "we also aren't on the best terms right now."

"look, ill drop you off at the block. is that okay?" he asked. i nodded and while he drove to the block.
"thank you, i really enjoyed myself. now back to school," i groaned.
"you'll be in school while i make that second album, and plan your birthday," he leaned over to me.

i smiled at him. "have a good week - ish without me." i shoved him.
i kissed his cheek before stepping out of the car.

+

"willow! is that you?" i heard my mom shout as i walked in.
"yes..." i called out.
"you didn't respond to my calls or texts," she said. my memory jogged, and i remembered the texts now.
"i'm sorry. i was caught up working," i said, lie.

"sure. i'm so sure you were. it would have been nice for you to check in every now and then. don't do this again, wils." she griped. i rolled my eyes at her.

i started to walk away when she called at me.
"oh, by the way, make arrangements in finding somewhere to go. this isn't gonna happen any longer under my roof, you can go elsewhere."

i felt my heart drop. she was for real this time. i know there was no convincing her.

i didn't have a choice anymore. ever since my dads passing when i was younger, i haven't had a connection with a family member again. i love my mom, but we are not compatible. some days, i think she hates me.

it makes living with her even harder. this is the home i grew up in, and it's been incomplete ever since he passed. i feel so lonely surrounded by walls full of memories, most bad.

there's the occasional memory of childhood birthday parties and the few holidays we celebrated after dad passed. my favorite ones are the ones with dad.

i wish the memories had never stopped.

+

tysm for the reads
pls keep voting and stuff it rlly means a lot to me.

p.s.