thirty six // paris

february. moving day. / valentine's day

+

i took a somber look around the apartment. i am really going to miss being home with matty. it's been nice to have these past months together. back to our crazy lives now that the holidays are over.

our luggage and duffle bags standing still in time by the door. the cold feet are starting to kick in. i'm not sure how to feel. i wish life could be normal.

"c'mon, willow," matty said, "our ride is here." i fought back tears. i'm truly gutted to be leaving. i felt like we were just finally settling in. i grabbed my luggage and followed him down to the car.

we got into paris late evening. luckily for us, the flight was short.

once we got to the hotel, matty jumped into the shower. i worked on unpacking our bags. we had to pack everything we would possibly need for the next 6 months. even for matty. during his downtime, he'll be coming here instead of our place in manchester.

i'm thankful to be here, but there's still a lingering feeling. i cant really explain it, but i haven't been feeling like myself lately. maybe getting back into the groove of working will help me get over these feelings. i hope it does, at least.

"baby girl," matty said to me. i laid flat on my back staring at the ceiling. "i know your mind is racing, but it's gonna be alright. no more overthinking."
"i'm just scared," my voice spoke in a cracked way. "the uncertainty makes me feel anxious every second."
he pulled me in close to his chest, "baby girl, this extra anxiety is not going to make it any better. like i said, we take it how it is. we'll go day by day."
i sighed loudly.
again, he was right.

"i think we should relax and get some rest, it's been an intense process for both of us," he said, laying next to me in bed. he ran his fingers through my hair, gently touching my head.

i'm going to miss nights like these.

+

next day. valentine's day.

3 pm? damn. i can't believe i slept in that late. i guess stress levels are taking over more than i expected.
i roll over to meet my eyes with matty, to my shock, he's not here.

"matty?" i called out as i walked around our suite. "matty?" no answer. hmm, weird.

maybe he went out for food? i decided to send him a text. he replies almost instantly.

matty:
i'm having to run some errands. i'll be back later for us to have dinner. go to the salon and go find a nice dress. i left cash for you.

im even more confused now than before. what errands could he possibly have on our second day in paris? and why didn't he tell me beforehand? we're meant to be enjoying our last week together.

i took the cash and ended up going to the salon anyways. i went with a light pink manicure and pedicure. the tricky part for me is to find a nice dress. how nice is nice? is it just for dinner? surely it doesn't need to be that fancy.

i decided on a sage green silk maxi dress. i might have also treated myself to jimmy choo heels while i was at it.

walking around the paris streets is beautiful. especially the area we're in, it's not as touristy. there's a more home feel to it. small businesses and local cafes surrounding me, fresh bread and flowers sold at ever corner. you can't get this back in manchester.

you can in new york - but i wouldn't trust it.

ping
1 text from matty
be ready by 7, the driver is coming to get you

driver? oh shit. a small rush of panic sent through my body. it's already after 6, i have to hurry back and get ready. oh curse you healy, who limits a girl to less than an hour to be ready for dinner?

i jumped in the shower and put on makeup, my normal amount. i slipped on my new sage dress and heels. it was a little bit chilly outside, so i paired a white faux fur coat with my look.

i heard a honk flailing from outside. i'm assuming that's my ride. i hurried down to see where this mysterious destination will lead me to.

we rode around for a few minutes in silence, till the car reached a halt outside a cobblestone building. no sign, just a single sconce lighting the dim walkway.
"is this it?" i asked the driver. he nodded and opened the door, gesturing me to go.

i'm starting to feel nervous now. what if this isn't where i'm supposed to be? it doesn't look like anything here.

i walk over to the cobblestone building and notice a metal door. i lightly open it to see a spiral staircase.

umm, what is going on? i hesitantly looked around. it was nearly pitch black. the only sign of light coming from what i think is the rooftop, where it leads to.

i carefully tread up the staircase, watching my surroundings and every move along the way. as i get closer to the top, all i hear is silence. this definitely can't be the right place. the driver must have made a mistake.

i let out a loud gasp once i reach the rooftop.

"matty!" i shouted, as he came up to me. the rooftop was candlelit with beautiful assorted flowers scattered everywhere. he took me hand and walked me closer to the candles. this is all so beautiful.

"willow, you've always been mine since day one," matty says as he holds my hands, slowly getting down to one knee, "will you be mine forever?" he placed a beautiful ring on my finger.

this can't be real. i feel like i'm going to pass out.

"yes, oh my god, yes," i screamed back to him. in the corner of my eye, i see movement.
"surprise, congratulations!" liz, george, ross, and adam all came running towards us.
"you guys all knew?" i said. tears began to fall. how did i ever get so lucky?
"of course we knew! matty could've never pulled this off without us!" george exclaimed.

"i really appreciate you all being here," i said, as i sniffled. i really had no idea about this.
"time to plan a wedding!" liz exclaimed.
my time has finally come. a day i thought i'd never see.

"but can i be the flower girl?" ross joked. we all laughed together enjoying this sentimental moment.

+

"how are you feeling, mrs. soon-to-be healy?" matty said to me as we got back to our hotel.
"i'm feeling great, probably one of the happiest moments i've experienced, honestly," i said to him. i'm still in shock - in a happy way, though. matty is my forever.

"good, baby girl. now you're gonna be daddy's girl forever," he said, as he got on top of me.
"oh no, remember, we have to wait for marriage," i said jokingly.
"it's a little bit too late for that, i think," he chuckled back to me.

i love matty, and i love how endearing the proposal was. i feel uneasy. should i be getting married so young? on top of our already crazy busy schedules, we have to find time to plan a wedding. a wedding that likely won't happen until next year..

it's all a lot to think about.

+

hi everyone, after years of not messing with this story, i'm happy to be back editing it and changing it. i was never rlly happy with the ending anyways.
also now that i've been so out of it, i'm not the best at writing smut anymore so there probably won't be much more :(

thank you all sm for still showing me lots of love for this story