forty seven // one last night

"Alright, Mr. and Miss Healy, are you sure about your decision? This is your final say."
my eyes glance at Matty's, bracing a nervous smile. he smiles back to me in approval.
"We are," Matty says confidently.

after a long week of house hunting, we finally closed on our first home as a family. after matty suggested we relocate to London, i knew we had to get hunting immediately, especially since our goal was to be moved in before the baby arrival.

we found a beautiful home nestled in the north west side of London. it's in a fairly secluded, quiet neighborhood. i find myself saying this often, but it's true; matty is an aries through and through. the aries energy controlled the home buying process.

see, i was content with buying a home. i'm from new york, not many people have houses. most families stay in apartments their whole life. when someone does have a home in new york, it's usually cramped and likely rundown, much like the townhouse i grew up in.

matty on the other hand? he refused to view anything below five million pounds. i say absolutely ridiculous, he says, 'what? we have the money for it.' definitely two contrasting sides to this home buying process. in conclusion, however, we ended up closing on a four million pound estate. matty said it's technically meeting in the middle of my one-million-pound limit suggestion. i decided i have better battles to fight, like convincing him to take us to taormina. therefore, i dropped it.

all sarcasm aside, the home is astounding. tall ceilings, floor to ceiling windows, and beautiful, intricate tiling. we also have plenty of space for the baby and children-plural, if needed. we also were able to accommodate spaces for working from home and a playroom for our girl. it's truly the perfect home for our new family.

"congratulations, you two. i know this home is going to be everything and more for your family!" the kind realtor exclaimed as she handed matty a large envelope.

we look at each other and smile wide again before getting up. we shook the realtors hand before rushing to the car to open the envelope.

"the key to our first home!" matty says, holding the envelope that's nearly torn in half. someone got too excited.
"yay!" i was excited, too. i leaned in and kissed him.
"the movers need to come as soon as possible," matty says, starting the car to take us by the new house. we're excited and in disbelief, we want to visit our home again now that it's officially ours.

i'm due sometime within the next ten days. i'm not exactly sure when she'll be here, but i know it could be sudden. the sooner we can get into the house, the more peace of mind we'll both have. the last minute timing makes the situation more high pressure.

we got to the house and began to walk around planning furniture placement. we planned what each room is going to be for, too. in my mind at least, this was helping alleviate some of the moving stress.

"we don't have nearly enough furniture to fill this house," i sigh loudly to matty, observing all of the vast open spaces around the home. even after plotting where everything would go, we are still left with unfurnished rooms and odd spaces. we have all of our baby furniture at the apartment currently, but I hadn't put much thought into decorating her room. i actually hadn't put much thought into decorating our whole home, as a matter of fact.

"it'll be alright, wils," matty says, coming behind me to rub my shoulders. i'm thirty eight weeks pregnant, in pain, and absolutely exhausted. matty sees and understands this side more than he did before. he does thoughtful gestures in an attempt to relieve any discomfort from pregnancy.

i'm happy we're finally in this place again.

+

once we got back to the apartment, i began to pack up some of the belongings in our room. matty was in the studio room practicing and writing music one last time here. luckily, we had mostly been already packed prior to getting the house. we knew we were moving soon regardless, it made more sense to be somewhat prepared.

it's an exciting, yet foreign feeling to be outgrowing this place. this is the second move of the year that's tugged at my heart strings. i can only hope the next love this place the way we did. we had some of the best and worst times here, but i wouldn't change it for anything. i'd repeat this vulnerable, chaotic time of our lives all over again.

i walked into the hallway to collect the last few pieces of wall decor, catching a glimpse of matty focused on the strings of his guitar. i gently placed the decor down, before sneaking over next to the door. i loved seeing him so passionate. it reminds of when we used to.. never mind.

he strummed the guitar a few times, glancing back and forth at a notebook sheet with scribbles on it. i could tell he was trying to find the right rhythm.

"ohooh, oh, Adali - No no, that's not it.."
"oh, woah, coraline.. it's all right this time,"

i overheard him repeating that phrase a few times, muttering under his breath. i must be getting a sneak peek at the new album.

"it sounds great," i say quietly, not wanting to startle him. i had been watching him for a few minutes, after all.

"thank ya darlin', but I saw you the whole time," he winks at me. so much for being sneaky. I walked over to the couch to get a closer look.
"is it for the new album?" i asked him.
"yes and no," he said, "i'm writing it for her, it might make the album, too." his explanation brings a smile to my face. i missed this matty so much. i fall in love with him more everyday.

"well, we still don't have a name for her," i responded. we're both indecisive and creative minded, her name has taken a long time to decide on. we've mentioned a few ideas, but we can't solidify.

"we need to do that, as of now, willow," matty says sarcastically. i'd be lying if i said the indecisiveness wasn't mostly me.
"okay, okay," i responded in a panic tone. i have no idea still!
"my point exactly without even having to say it!" matty exclaims, as if he's won a prize, "making a song will help us decide." i laugh at his response.
"matty, shut up."

"i'm being serious, c'mon, baby," he said, lightly bumping my shoulder.
"okay, fine," i said in defeat. whatever he wants to do. he picks up the guitar and paper and begins to strum.

"oh, oh, evaline," he sings. i could watch him do this all day. he strums a few more times, altering the name a few times. it must not have been anything remarkable, because i can't remember a single thing he said. i just wanted to watch him.

"baby, you're not even paying attention. i bet you can't repeat what i said!" he said. he's right, and he knows it.
"okay, okay, I promise I'll pay attention this time," i laughed to him. he picked up the guitar and pointed it at me, ensuring i'm looking at him.

"oh, ohhh, caroline," he muttered as he kept playing. i was looking at him closely, enjoying what i'm hearing.

".. i'm gonna get it right this time."

"matty, i love that!" i said excitedly. that was it. that was her name. not quite unique, but still beautiful, caroline.
"caroline? you love it?" he said, sounding just as excited as me.
"yes! that's it! our caroline," i said, smiling at him. he grabbed me by the hand and spins me around.
"that'll be her song," matty said to me, pulling me to his chest.

we survived what breaks relationships and what builds families, we survived it all. here, in this place.

+

aweee so cute i love how happy they are now <3 they rlly deserve it
I really want to know what you guys wanna see ! do we want a wedding moment or future epilogue moment?? or both :P

i wanna hear your thoughts! it's almost the end now :(

if you see random updates, it's me changing chapter titles and editing. ty all for your kindness during this process!!! you all are so nice when you reach out <3 i love it