nineteen // holding onto you

"get up," my mom said waking me up. "you too, scumbag," my mom said to matty. he chuckled.
"i can see i'm fitting in," he laughed.
"watch it, healy!" she snapped.

i got up, changed, and met them in the living room.
"took you long enough," my mom muttered. we followed her to the car and drove to a nearby restaurant. i sat across from matty and my mom beside me.

"so," she sipped on her drink, "care to tell me more, willow? this is the first i've heard of matthew," she spoke harshly.
"i know," i sighed.
"i have so many questions right now, but there's one specifically stuck in my mind. why did you target my daughter?" she asked matty.

"he didn't target me, mom!" i raised my voice.
"then how the hell did this happen!" she stammered. i took a deep breath.
"i met him online," i said, "we messaged. i realized he was the member of my favorite band."

"sure," she rolled her eyes. fucking cunt.
"matthew," my mom said. matty cut her off, "it's actually matty."

"okay, matty, you sing in a band?" she asked.
"yes," he replied softly. my mom was everywhere. she asked a different question every 2 seconds.

"how did this whole ordeal happen? as in the weekend plans," she spoke.
"i told him my birthday, so he planned me a dinner party with some friends. then we stayed in a home he rented outside of the city, and visited times square. that's all," i said. i didn't mention the extra things.

"i don't like this," she hummed. "i don't like this at all, willow. you're 9 years older than her, you understand? she's barely legal, this is completely disgusting," my mom said. "i'm not here for it." she was being stuck up.

"then leave," matty smiled sarcastically.
"come again?" my mom raised her eyebrows.
"you said you aren't here for it, so i said leave. go ahead. what's stopping you? kick her out. abandon her," he said. i gasped and kicked his leg. "she'll have me to come to."

my mom started to shake. she was getting angrier.
"she can't depend on anyone! she has to be on her own! she needs to learn responsibility and she needs an education!" she yelled, causing some people to look up.

"ma'am," matty said softly. maybe he had calmed down. "it still doesn't change the fact that you're horrible to her."

+

"so," matty sighed flopping on my bed, "are you going to manchester with me still? fuck it, let's go now." he asked. my eyes widened. miss school and graduation?

"um," i mumbled. "i don't think that's a good idea. " i said.
"we can get you a flight pass at the airport," he pleaded. "i promise it'll be worth it."

i sighed loudly, "okay, ill go with you, but i need to say goodbye to liz first." we got into the rental car and drove over to her apartment.

"liz," i said walking in. her apartment has never looked so bare.
"in here," i heard her yell from another room. i followed her. george was boxing up a few of her items.

"i'm going to be leaving with matty today. i won't be here wednesday when you leave," i said. her eyes looked down. she seemed upset by it.

"george, could we have a minute?" liz asked. he nodded and stepped into the living room with matty.

"i'm going to miss you," liz  said, sitting on her bed. we've gone to school together our whole lives, and did dance together at age 3.
"i am too. ill visit you as much as i can," i hugged her. she started to shake some.
"it'll be alright," i told her. my best friend and i were parting ways for the first time in 15 years.

"please consider the modeling job," she smiled.
"i will," i nodded. i hugged her. i stepped out of the room, liz followed.

"bye, matty," she smiled at him.
"hope LA treats ya well, lad," he nodded. matty and i walked to the door.

+

i went into the airport with 2 large suitcases, a duffle bag, and backpack. matty scoffed when he was charged for baggage overage fees.

"sorry," i muttered.
"it's not a big deal, love," he grinned. "i've just never seen someone bring so much to the airport."
"so, are liz and george a thing now?" i asked matty. he shrugged.
"i think so," he replied. we walked onto the plane.

"window?" he asked. i nodded and sat beside him.
"have you ever flown internationally?" he asked me. i gulped, "no, um, it wasn't something my family did."
"get used to it. stick around with me and we'll be everywhere," he shot me a toothy grin.
"i'm sure of it," i smiled back.

+

we got to his apartment roughly around 11 pm. the 6 hour time difference had me messed up.

his apartment was an artistic disaster. painting, drawings, and pictures were strewn across the walls. there were numerous stacks of letters and gifts, i assume from fans. his table was covered in papers, but had a nicely placed vase with dead flowers.

it still had a homey feeling to it. it felt cozy.

"dead flowers?" i asked.
"it's a metaphor," he shrugged.
"how so?" i asked.
"you see," he walked towards the vase, "these were once living, but then they died. but they're also still placed in this fancy vase. it's like reviving what was dead, even though it is still dead."

wow. way to be poetic. i didn't want to seem rude, but i wasn't making the connection.
"oh, okay," i replied. i followed him around. the apartment was huge.

"down here," he pointed down a long hallway, "is my library, guest bedroom, and music room. over here," he turned to the other wall, pointing to another narrow hallway, "is my bedroom, an extra bedroom that isn't a guest bedroom, and my art studio."

did he have enough bedrooms?
"oh, and there's restrooms in the guest room and my bedroom," he said grinning at me.

"you are such a poetic disaster, it's adorable," i chuckled. he grabbed my hand and pulled me into a room.
"this is my extra bedroom that isn't used for guests." the room was all pastel pink with floral elements all over.

"this is pretty, but what is it for?" i asked him.
"mostly decoration, but sometimes i come in here and relax. i wrote most of the new album in here, since the style inspired me," he explained.

"again, a poetic disaster," i giggled.
"oh, hush!" he replied. "you can stay in my bedroom, or in here if you prefer. i'm going to go have a smoke, then ill be in bed."

"okay," i laughed and walked into his bedroom. his bedroom was something. odd psychedelic pictures hung around the room with fancy furniture. his room also had that odd pastel floral element, too. i quickly changed and laid down in his bed. hopefully this fresh start is what i need.

+

lord did this suck i am sooooo sorry. i have things planned tho.
NOWWW
i need some suggestions of female singers that are in the alternative/indie scene for the story PLSSS leave me some suggestions it would be so appreciated!!!!

ty for 500 reads it's wonderful.
vote comment share and ily all so much