thirteen // what do you want?

one week later.

i've been going out of my mind making decisions. this modeling opportunity is great, but can i accommodate it to my future plans? what about college? what about matty?

everything came back to matty. matty was my sunshine. everything starts and ends with my sunshine.

i think i need him more than he needs me, right now.

he wants me to take the opportunity, but i feel like it's a huge leap of faith. it's a high demand job, but my happiness is also high demand. if modeling has my full attention, where does my happiness go?
everything is overwhelming me.

i couldn't stop stressing, so i called him.

"everything okay, princess?" he spoke. i felt relieved already.
"i don't know what to do, matty. education, modeling, you, graduation... it's all so much," i sighed.

"who said you have to decide right now? no one. i think you need to relax. wait awhile before you decide anything. you might love the idea of modeling, but next month you might wanna apply for school," he told me. he was right, after all.

"thank you, daddy," i said. i felt a little better. "but i also have been holding in something for a little bit now."

"i can tell something has been eating you up. it should be me instead, but what's going on?" he said.
"well, i'm in a situation now," i tried to inch up bringing up my home situation, "my mom is kicking me out after my birthday. i'll probably have a few days to get my things, but that'll be it. i'm really not sure what's next for me." i said as i fought back crying.

there's no ulterior motives behind this. but i will possibly be homeless soon. he should know.

"willow, why didn't you say something sooner?" he said, concerned. "baby girl, i will help you. have your things packed. take what you can for now, we can always get the rest later or replace it." he always has a plan, and looks out for me.

i felt a sigh of relief, "where will we go?" i asked.
he softly said, "i'll get to that, love. i'm flying in on wednesday and staying until sunday. is that good?" he said. then i remembered, graduation is 2 days after my birthday. if he wants to come..
"i graduate on saturday, if you want to come," i said.

"do you want me to be there?" he asked. "ill make it happen if you do."
"um," i was unsure of the answer. i would, but i also don't know how great of an idea it is.
"princess," matty said sincerely. "i have an idea. how about the day after your graduation, you come to manchester. stay a little while with me, then decide what you want to do," he said.

that was a good idea. i thought daddy would never ask.

"uh," my words trembled. it was intimidating, especially since this is still so new. "yeah, yeah i want to do that."

"don't worry about it. ill buy your plane ticket right now. just please, come," he pleaded. "baby girl, you know it's the best option for right now"

i couldn't say no to that.
"ill be there," i smiled.
"that's wonderful to hear," he said. "ill catch ya later, baby girl. i've got some work to do."
"ill call you later, daddy," i said,

"there's my girl," he said, before hanging up.

now to explain this ordeal to my mom.

+

"you're what?" she raised her voice at dinner.
"um, yeah. i'm going to manchester. i'm seeing someone who lives there," i said, repeating myself.
"i don't know if you'll be going, willow. you don't even have anything after high school planned," she said angrily. "you are never certain about anything."
"i know, mom. I know you never believe in me. you want me gone so bad, so be it," i explained.

"willow, i swear to god, you better get a grip. you are not making responsible decisions anymore," she shouted, again.
"yes, mom, i know! im going to sort it out! just give me some time," i shouted back. she got up and slammed her dish into the sink. her hands distraughtly gripped onto the counter.

"willow, you had 4 years to decide what you want to do. it's a few days until graduation and you still haven't done anything," she turned over and looked at me deadly. "i don't even know if i want anything to do with you anymore. go ahead and live out this fantasy. Don't come back to me when it crashes down."

my stomach dropped. what did she mean by that? she was my mother. i know she wants me to move out, but to cut me off completely? i'm in shock.

"you make me so angry, willow. i don't even know if i should try to help you or just let you do whatever. you seem to think you know what you're doing, so i might as well leave you to it. i've only been saving up my work money to send you to a good school. you don't even understand how i feel as a mother right now. i want you to go far in life, but your head is twisted up over some boy," she griped.

more like man.

i didn't dare say that, though.
"you go ahead and go. i'm not stopping you, that's for damn sure. talk to me when you've figured something out," she said. i looked around, trying not to be mad or sad.

"willow, do you understand?" she yelled.
"yes, mom. ill have it worked out, i promise," i pleaded to her. she rolled her eyes at me and walked away.

+

i seriously stayed up until 11 pm writing this just so i can update lol.
vote and keep reading 💕
PS NEXT CHAPTER IS THE PARTY. so it gets interesting. i might do chapter 14 the party and chapter 15 solely the smut that happens. we'll see !

daddy. // the 1975जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें