I followed her close behind while trying my best to ignore the curious gazes that kept following us, flattening my palms over my dress and softly tugging the bottom hem to stop it from riding up towards my hip. For someone who was so used to be wearing jeans and shirts—well, probably occasional summer dresses when I felt like it—wearing a terribly short bodycon dress was torture. But no one could fight Yura once she had made up her mind, and she would not leave our flat until I agreed to wear her dress.

"That's okay. Breathe," I told myself. "Get a few drinks, probably a few dances, have fun. And the minute you forget about that fucked up exam, you can go and run back home as fast as you can." The words failed to make me feel at least a bit more excited however, since I was somehow already missing the comfort of my own bed. "Oh, come on, you've done this before," I grunted under my breath as I made my way further into the party.

A little over an hour later, I found solace in the drinks they served in red plastic cups, no longer care to where Yura had disappeared to as I downed my second portion of mixed tequila and orange juice around the kitchen area. That was until I suddenly got pushed away when a group of rowdy frat boys came in to take over the kitchen for a drinking game, forcing me to leave and make my way to find the back porch. I needed the fresh air anyway, since it seemed like the college kids inside the house just kept multiplying and the loud music felt too much for my tipsy head to handle.

I breathed in the fresh air as I stepped out. The porch was only occupied by a small number of people shying away from the crowd, most were already too intoxicated to notice me joining them. The ignorance was a blessing for me. But the silence that suddenly enveloped me was also deafening.

Maybe I shouldn't have come to this party, I thought silently when I suddenly felt so alone at such a foreign place.

I closed my eyes to enjoy the breeze of fresh air, to ignore the drumming beat inside my chest. The muffled sound of music behind me was the only sign showing me that I was still far from passing out. Not that I was drunk enough to be yet.

The serene moment took away my thoughts, and I was soon lost in it, taken away from the party and everything that was happening around me as my mind wandered to anywhere else but here. I let a few minutes passed, before I opened my eyes and lifted the cup in my hand to drink, only to find out that they were indeed already empty.

"Damn it," I cursed, dreading the thought of having to return towards the ruckus in the kitchen only to have a refill. But I could not help it. I needed to get more of those drinks before I could go back to my empty flat. Perhaps I could get something even stronger so I could return early.

"Oof—"

I was met with a broad chest covering my path as I turned around towards the back door.

"I'm sorry—" I clumsily apologized before lifting my face to look at the other casualty of our clash.

The man before me was snickering in shock and still had not noticed me standing there yet, until he shook his head and started blinking his eyes rapidly, still saying on his two clumsy feet before he finally saw me. "F-fuck—no, it's okay," he said, scanning me from the top of my head and down to my legs as if he was measuring me. Meanwhile, I was starting to get incredibly annoyed when a thick scent of alcohol came out from his breath, and to the fact that this brute was on the way between me and my tequila.

"Are you lost?" His grin widened, the shock on his face turned into a disgusting flirty grin, and all the alarm in my head immediately started blaring as I realized that he was nothing but trouble.

"No, I'm fine. I just need to get back inside."

"What are you doing out here all by yourself?" He clumsily looked around, before turning to look at my face again. "How about I keep you company? I can be a lot of fun. What do you say, hmm?"