"Hello?" She said after answering, returning to her window to see him.

"Are you seeing me off?" He asked with a smile.

"It depends on where you're heading," she replied.

Maine saw his smile falter a bit. He paused and she saw him take a deep breath before answering, "I'm visiting Rich today. I'll be gone the whole morning. Possibly until early afternoon. It would depend on how hot the place would be later."

"Will you also be having a feeding program afterwards?"

She heard him chuckle and he replied, "you know how mom is. She always let's you bring extra. And she's actually improving. The food she made for me can only feed 5 people. I know I eat a lot but I'm very sure I won't be able to finish this all up. Unless, I'll be staying the whole day with Rich."

She laughed with him, and when the laughter subsided, Richard said, "can I come over? I want to see you up close before I head out."

"I'll meet you downstairs," she replied as she hung up the phone and left her room.

She hurried to the door with her mother calling after her to slow down. Richard was at their gate about to ring the doorbell when she opened the front door.

"Good morning, sleepy head," Richard greeted her with a smile as he saw that she was still in her pajamas.

She smiled back as she opened the gate for him. She remarked, "I was actually on my way to take a shower when I saw you through my window."

"Where are you off to today?"

"My scheduled steroid shot," she answered with a frown. "And we're off to lunch and a movie."

"Watching 'Darker' again?" Richard teased.

"With my parents?!?!" Maine exclaimed in disbelief. "Oh hell no! I love them both but I will not be caught dead watching that kind of movie with them."

Richard gave a hearty laugh at the violent reaction she gave. Without thought, he pulled her to him in a tight embrace and he kissed her temple tenderly.

"I will terribly miss you today," he muttered under his breath but Maine heard him.

"I could come with you," she suggested as she looked into his eyes.

Richard smiled but replied, "tempting offer. But I must decline. I need this time with Rich. It's been months."

Maine only nodded, slightly disappointed. But she understood where he was coming from. He needed this moment with his brother. If there will be a future for both of them, he needed this time with Alden. Especially with what her father told her awhile ago. She was sure that Richard knew of Alden's plan before. She felt his inner struggle. And she would give that time to the brothers.

She heard someone clear his throat from behind her and Richard immediately let go of Maine. She saw him stood straight and gave a bright smile to Ted who was leaning on the doorframe.

"Jason," Ted said. His was still leaning on the doorframe with his arms folded across him. "I know that you've already seen my daughter in far less clothing than what she's currently wearing right now, but I hope this doesn't become a habit."

Richard's face grew very pale and he suddenly looked horrified at what Maine's father said. Maine turned to her father and just yelled in disbelief, "Dad!?!"

Ted looked at his daughter and shrugged, "What? Rio mentioned about that incident in Alden's bedroom when you were there last week."

Shock still evident on Richard's face, Maine heard him mutter, "I will never live this down. May the earth swallow me whole now."

"Be happy that he doesn't know about the other bedroom incident," Maine whispered that only the two of them could hear.

"What's that, honey?"

"I'm just saying good bye to RJ, dad," Maine smiled sweetly at her father before she turned to Richard and reached up to kiss him on the cheek. She whispered, "text me later?"

Recovering from his shock and fear, he replied with gritted teeth, "If I'm still alive after this."

Maine chuckled and patted him on his chest before turning back towards the front door where Ted now stood straight, but with his arms still crossed over his chest. When Maine was inside, he strode towards the younger man who stood very still and with his hands in his pockets. Richard's face was so red, he bowed his head with embarrassment.

"I am very truly sorry for that night, sir," Richard blurted when Ted stood face-to-face with him. "It was an accident. I had no intention of disrespecting your daughter in any way."

Ted suddenly laughed at the terrified look on Richard's face. He reached out and held the younger man on his shoulder, giving it an endearing pat.

"It was a funny accident," Ted said. "Rio actually found it endearing. My wife and I found it hilarious."

Richard breathe a sigh of relief after he heard those words from Maine's father. But then, he saw that the older man turned serious. He swallowed and braced himself for what came next.

"My daughter mentioned this morning that you're courting her?" He asked.

"Yes sir," Richard answered.

"Good," Ted remarked. "Took you long enough too. But know this Jason. I will not tolerate you hurting my daughter in any way. Do not break that trust."

"I won't, sir," Richard promised as he looked straight into the older man's eyes. "I know that I will make mistakes and I will screw up. I'm only human after all. But I do love your daughter, and I will do everything I can to prove that I am worthy of her everyday."

Ted smiled and nodded, liking what the younger man said.

"Then my daughter's in good hands," Ted remarked. "You looked to be heading out. Take care on the road, son. And no texting while driving."

"Thank you, sir."

"It's Tito Ted."

Richard smiled and corrected himself, "thank you, Tito Ted."