Chapter 61. Maha Chapter

Start from the beginning

She closed her eyes at my words and then turned her face away from me, not answering. I felt strangely happy, knowing instantly that she had come up with the answer. In her moment of pain she would reach out to the person she is closet to - me. And she had wanted to take away my right to reach out to her.

I know she realises now what is the reason behind my anger. It is not my parents' actions. It's her thought of wanting to go away!

"Shishir, with me around, you would put me above everything" she said softly.

I smirked silently, my face turned away from her. At least she knows that she is most important in my life.

"I did not want to influence your decisions Shishir. Especially the ones concerning your family"

My head snapped in her direction. "And we are not family, right?" I spat out pointing between her and me. "What is the reason for us not being family Suvi? The fact that we don't have any tag line like 'husband wife' or 'engaged couple', is that it Suvi? Will having those tags help you think of me as your family member?" I looked at her face squarely. "Or for you to think you are my family?"

She started at me for a short moment then as she always does surprised me with her next action.

She lunged forward and gave me a hug, most unexpectedly. It took me to put in all my resolve not to lose my current chain of thoughts.

I hugged her back and told her softly "This time when you write letters to me, I hope you will mail them to the correct address." I felt her jerk slightly at my words. "Emails are not as charming, but you could do that too at times."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Break time!

The above part is not that long but it is intense! So do take a break. I wanted to share Shishir's feelings and his helpless anger, hence it had to be done this way.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Suvarna's POV.

His words felt like ice cold water poured over my head. I know it was my idea to return to Delhi, but before I could voice it he seemed to have already made the arrangements!

I pulled apart slowly and tried to see his face but he turned his face away again.

Dammit!

Why does life have to come and hit me back on my face like a boomerang! When I had thought about going away it had seemed sensible.

And sacrificial, my subconscious mind seemed to mock me

Charles came back into the car and handed over a bottle of mineral water to me, though Shishir had asked for it.He shook his hand in denial even without turning to face me.

"You asked for water Shishir Mehrotra so drink it!" I said feeling more than irritated as I placed the bottle on his lap forcefully.

"Just because I asked for something does not mean I really want it, does it?" he said putting the bottle away.

Is he mocking me? He knows I don't really want to leave though I had asked for it..

Why is he not asking me to stay back? Why is he so readily agreeing to me going away?

Should I tell him I don't want to go? I swallow at the thought but decide to go for it.

"Shishir." I say softly. He does not respond.

"Shishir." I say louder and he still has his face turned away from me!

"Shishir!" I almost yelled and he half turned towards me.