Nonetheless,I began, "Well,we were always best friends then he moved away and forgot about me. Just about almost two months ago,he came back and I ignored him."

   Leah's  eyes were wide. "You hated him? Serves him right." she shrugged,flipping a tendril of her fringe away from her eyes. "I would have made his life a living hell."

  I laughed at that. "I did up until he apologized and he confessed his love for me....Wow,that sounded cliché.."

   "Aww,everything is a cliché in my opinion. Even falling in-love is a cliché because it had been done since Adam and Eve's time."

   Elise was now leaning against the wall,looking at both of us crazily. "Sorry for breaking up your love fest ladies but I could do with a well deserved swim in a certain pool outside."

  And that's exactly what we did.

~~~~~~~>.      .<~~~~~~~~~

      Since I wasn't in the mood for a swim at the moment,I sat in a beach chair that was for some reason near the pool. I was awed at the fact that the swimming pool was not outside as I expected but inside a separate room.

    I was wearing a dull yellow two piece bikini reading an issue in the Vogue magazine while Elise and Leah were chilling in the pool.

    "Why don't you like to talk about your brother?" I heard Elise query,and at that moment I felt the need to eavesdrop.

   " 'Cause he causes all the trouble and blames it on me and the worst thing is that my parents actually believe him. Like last year for instance,his cigarette and lighter were found in the laundry by mom and although it was obviously his he lied and said it was mine. That idiot."

   Elise laughed, "Well,I'm sure he just does that for fun. I'm sure he looks out for you." Elise advised,sinking into the water a bit more,letting her eyes slide shut.

  "Like always driving away guys. Last year,when I got asked out by one of his mates,the guy received a blow to the head with an algebra book,followed by several verbal abusive words coming from Calvin."

   "Nothing serious." Elise answered,giggling a little.

    "That's not the worst part,he gave me 'The Talk'"

  I couldn't help but burst out into laughter with Elise as Leah pouted.
    "Aww,that's so cute-a protective brother that is." Elise countered,laughing again.

  "So how was the talk?" I perked up,a smile forming on my lips.

    "It was an entire three hours Lauren. What do you think? It was very awkward. He told me what guys really think about girls who wear enough makeup to give an entire year supply for the world's ugliest woman in the world. Trust me,some things were really disturbing. Because of him,I hardly ever get asked out."

    I gave her a thumbs up. "I gotta meet your brother. He seems really....interesting."

  She shot me a mock glare that only had me laughing more.

    "The thing is ,his summer break started yesterday and and he'll be here today." she emphasized the last word.

   The hours passed relatively quickly and before I knew it,we were all clothed in new attire,crashed out on the couch looking at an all new episode of Dance Academy.

   "That Tara girl is so naive." Elise commented,rolling her eyes,popping an ice cube into her mouth.

   "Christian so likes her." Leah replied,staring intensely at the screen.

   "I don't know 'bout you guys but Sammy is a total cutie,too bad he has a thing for Abigail.." I fake pouted as Leah rolled her eyes at me.

   "Cheating on your boyfriend now are we?" she teased,arching an eyebrow.

   "What? Justin is not the only cute slash hot guy in the world."

   "Yeah,she's got  a point Leah,Sammy is hott."

    We continued like that for the next twenty or so minutes of the show.

   "God,Isabelle shouldn't dance hip-hop,she looks worse than a bloated pig in stilettos."

   A worried glance diverted to Elise once again. She was really random.

-::---::-

     The slamming of a vehicle's door rang from outside and into the house. I hugged the cushion in my hands and sighed,I was really feeling extra lazy today.

    "Um guys,Calvin's here!" Leah began,her eyes tight shut,her legs spread out on the couch's arm rests. "Brace yourself,he is weird.."

   "Well,go open the door for him." Elise advised.

   "Nah,knowing Calvin he probably already stopped by mom's work place for the extra key,and besides,I don't want to carry his luggage..."she wined as I sighed.

   Leah really was something. I hopped out of my sitting position easily and once I was stood,I pulled her off the couch,beckoning her toward the door. Seconds upon reaching it;almost to grab the handle,it flew open to reveal the man himself.

   He had brown,wavy straight hair that reached just below his neck,a tanned complexion,a well built figure and most of all,the same warm brown eyes as Leah. He also wore what looked like prescribed reading glasses,and to be honest,if there was going to be a prize for pulling off the nerd look,he would be sure to come in first.

   "Hello," he greeted,well,me,his eyes being the first thing he caught when he swung the door open. A small smile graced his lips as I awkwardly looked away,pushing Leah further up to her sibling. She took one look at him,then proceeded to walk away. He laughed,a rich sound that had me startled for a bit,and reached out taking his sister's hand.

   "Care to let me in so you could introduce your friends?" he queried,his eyes landing on Elise.

    Knowing Elise,I could have predicted her actions even before they became existent.

    "Hi,I'm Elise." she smiled up at him and shook his hand. "And this is Lauren."

    Leah sighed, "Well,come in goofball."

-----><-----

    "Bye!" Calvin yelled,his Black Berry glued to his ear,as he gave us one last wave.

   Elise and I along with Leah left the house,making our way back to the garage where the Mercedes was waiting.

  When we finally arrived home;Elise to her house and me to mine,I plopped down on the couch,upon saying a quick hello to my mom. She however looked sullen and  like if she had aged at least twenty years in the space of time I was out. I slowly rose from my seat,worry flooding me.

    "What's wrong?"

   She waved her hand as a dismissal sign of my question and gestured for me to sit back down. I did as told,a feeling of uneasiness suddenly befalling the room.

     "Lauren,there's something I need to tell you..."

___________________________________________

   'The sun goes down,the stars come out!'

  Yeah,that song is just about stuck in my head,it's my new addiction song since Glee sung it.. Anyway,I know,no Justin in this chapter and that's okay,he doesn't need to be with Lauren 24/7 now does he? It's just Lauren and her friends;a very light chapter. And again,sorry for not updating in over a month,I had certain problems...lol.

Song for this chapter-Glad You Came by The Wanted

Well,for now,please VC and/or F only if you feel like it..
(Thanks a bunch for over thirty thousand reads!!! XD )