Bad Memories

A warning that there is a little bit of blood in this chapter but nothing too serious

J's POV
"What's going on here?" a deep voice asked.

"Beats me, but we have to be quiet" a female voice whispered.

"Why? Once J falls asleep it's impossible to wake him up" another voice sounded from nearby.

I could hear voices around me as I was asleep but I thought they were dreams until I heard something crash and break near me. I sprang awake and saw Axel, Olivia, Petra, and Lukas in Jesse's room watching her and me and the thing that broke was the glass bottle from last night, which I apparently dropped in my sleep.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked while kneeling down to clean up the glass shards.

"We came to check on you and Jesse after Lukas told us what happened last night" Petra answered while coming over to help me.

I gave a death glare to Lukas while he shifted uncomfortably and Olivia stepped in between us and protested,

"Jesse's our friend so we need to know what going on" Olivia demanded while raising an eyebrow at J.

"Alright I''ll tell you," I surrendered while to last of the shards were cleaned up, "but you all have to promise not to tell Jesse because of you do she'll freak out even more than she already is and lose control."

"Lose control of what?" Axel asked while glancing at Jesse, still passed out.

I sighed and began to explain, "You see, Jesse may not remember her childhood but I do and I remember every horrible thing our uncle, Herobrine, did to us when our parents weren't looking..."

Flashback to when they were kids
"Come on you can do better than that!" he'd yell from above as we ran through a maze while being pursued by tons of hostile mobs.

"Why are we doing this!" I yelled back up

"Because if you want to be warriors you have to expect everything!"

Suddenly, a cave spider appeared in front of us and attacked Jesse by jumping on her head as we continued to run. Then, out of no where, dispensers appeared and started to shoot flaming arrows and one hit the spider off of Jesse's head but it also hit her shoulder and burned out in her skin.

"STOP!!" The maze and the mobs disappeared and we got teleported to Herobrine's castle in the Nether. As we collapsed, out of breath, and tired he came up to us looking at Jesse angrily as she looked at the arrow lodged in her arm.

"If you ever want to be someone in the world then you have to keep up with what's around you" he growled while tearing the arrow out of her shoulder as she cried out in pain.

"You're being too hard on us and we'll be killed in one of your 'tests'" I shouted at our uncle as I bandaged up my sister's bleeding arm and she whimpered and hugged me.

Next we were transported, again, to Herobrine's house in the Overworld and our parents, Steve and Alex, were walking our way with bags in their hands.

"You will tell your parents nothing"  Herobrine threatened as he waved to our parents. Frightened, we did as he said and when Alex asked Jesse about her arm we told her she scratched herself while climbing a tree.

Back to the Present
"Wow..." Petra sighed, "So all along your uncle would 'test' you two to be stronger?"

"That's what he said but he was always more tough on Jesse than on me for a reason that I still can't figure out" I responded while patting my sister's still arm where a small scar was underneath her armor.

"Why would he be tougher on Jesse?" Olivia interjected while tapping her chin in thought.

"I don't know anymore than you do," I responded to Olivia, "But I know that he'd injected Jesse with serums that were supposed to make her 'stronger'."

"Where does Jesse's nightmare fit into all of this?" Lukas indicated.

"It isn't a nightmare, but a faded memory. When Herobrine burned our home down and killed our parents, we were told to run away and when we thought we were safe, on a bridge to the forest, he confronted us and was about to destroy us until our uncle Notch came and used something to seal Herobrine away. Unfortunately, he also erased Jesse's memory and told me that one day Herobrine would be back to exact his revenge on us, and would use Jesse to do it, so we had to split up so he wouldn't be able to find us both..."

"What was that something Notch used to seal Herobrine away" Petra asked, looking at me suspiciously.

I hesitated, "It was the command block"

"Do you mean the command block," Olivia gasped, "The one the Order used to blink the ender dragon out of existence, the one that made the Witherstorm that almost, singlehandedly, consumed the world?"

"Yes, yes, and yes" J moaned while putting his hands on his forehead in frustration.

"Hey, it's ok J, we won't tell Jesse about this until you're ready to" Petra reassured me while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks" I approved and went to grab another Potion of Healing for Jesse.

Petra's POV
I can't believe what they've been through...

Here were my best friends, tortured by Herobrine, nearly destroyed with their parents, and separated for years, yet they were still alive and managed to find each other after all the trauma in their childhood, that was true courage.

J came in with another glass bottle that was filled with pink liquid and drained it into Jesse's mouth until she began to cough and opened her eyes to see us there.

"oww...what happened?" Jesse muttered while holding her head, " the last thing I remember was going to my library and being knocked down by books..."

"She doesn't remember telling me about her nightmare" Lukas whispered in J's ear.

"...and Lukas was there talking to me about my weird dream too..."

"Great..." J gave another death glare to Lukas

"...I think I yelled and then all I saw was white and then black."

I walked over to Jesse and asked how she was feeling.

"I'm fine really guys" she protested while trying to get out of bed but, her legs were wobbling until she finally straightened up and started walking out of her room. Reuben chased after her and we could hear her laughing as he licked her face.

"Wait, Jesse saw white before she passed out, then that's not good" J observed as he began to pace around Jesse's room, "Lukas did anything...strange...happen to Jesse when she yelled?

"Actually, yeah, she yelled and then she began to hover and everything else around us floated and her eyes were turning gray or white," Lukas said.

"Does that mean what I think it means?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes, it means that Jesse is gaining the powers and abilities of our uncle Herobrine and he's going to see Jesse as a threat because of it..."

Suddenly, a scream came from the living room of the tree house and a white light flashed.

1222 words
Thanks for reading you all! Bye!